Process Parameters dynamic Default Logic

Tomáš Švikruha

Mar 12, 2015, 8:12:22 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi dear community members :)

during setup process parameters I discovered one limitation (iDempiere gap or my knowledge gap:)).

Lets imagine process with two parameters:
 - Business Partner
 - Price List

I would like setup behaviour of parameters like:
After selecting BPartner will be filled Price List with Price List loaded from BPartner. I know that on regular window is possible to achieve this behaviour by callouts. But it's possible to setup it on process parameters?

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees and may not be reviewed or used in any way by other recipients. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message and any attachments thereto from your system.

Orlando Curieles

Mar 12, 2015, 8:33:49 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, You don't need make a callout, you can use a Dynamic Validation.

    Regards.

Tomáš Švikruha

Mar 12, 2015, 9:33:45 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Orlando,

just tried it and it doesn't works. Dynamic Validation can only limit records displayed in drop down field for Price Lists, but doesn't make it selected.

BPartner param= Vendor_ID
Dynamic Validation for Price List= M_PriceList.M_PriceList_ID=(SELECT C_BPartner.PO_PriceList_ID FROM C_BPartner WHERE C_BPartner.C_BPartner_ID=@Vendor_ID@)

Also Default Logic is loaded only when Process Window is loaded, not when BPartner is selected...

Nicolas Micoud

Mar 12, 2015, 9:43:14 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I never managed to do what you described. When it is really needed, i create specific forms.
AFAIK, fields which have dependencies are loaded and kept in a list when user open the window. When navigation events occurs, the list is checked and records could be reloaded.
Perhaps this behaviour can be implemented for process params.

Nicolas

Tomáš Švikruha

Mar 12, 2015, 9:47:17 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I think this could be good improvement but needs proper design. WDYT Nicolas, may I create ticket for it in jira?

S pozdravom/Best Regards

Ing. Tomáš Švikruha
Programmer/Analyst
Multimage s.r.o.

Tomáš Švikruha

Mar 12, 2015, 9:48:03 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I think this could be good improvement but needs proper design. WDYT Nicolas, may I create ticket for it in jira?

Orlando Curieles

Mar 12, 2015, 9:55:06 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
   Yes, it Work fine for me, you need check your Sql Sentence, try replacing @Vendor_ID@ for @C_BPartner_ID@

    Regards

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Mar 12, 2015, 10:05:11 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Please check:

select p.name, pp.name, v.code
from ad_process_para pp
join ad_process p on pp.ad_process_id=p.ad_process_id
join ad_val_rule v on pp.ad_val_rule_id=v.ad_val_rule_id
where v.code like '%@%'
and pp.entitytype='D'
order by 1,2

Orlando Curieles

Mar 12, 2015, 10:11:11 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
 You can check in demo.idempiere.com i changed the Generate Invoice, when you select a BPartner show the orders for this BPartner.

 Regards

Tomáš Švikruha

Mar 12, 2015, 10:21:37 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I tried it also on demo.idempiere.com...check process 'TEST param process' and select business partner 'Chemical Product, inc'... Purchase price list is loaded into drop down, but not selected - that's what I want to achieve > select record, not only filter by dynamic validation...

Tomáš Švikruha

Mar 12, 2015, 10:27:11 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Michal Zilincar

Mar 12, 2015, 10:29:58 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Orlando ,

you are right dynamic validation works fine for filtering based on other parameter.
But Tomas wants to automaticaly fill in 2nd parameter after the first one is chosen.
So user doesnt have to bother with selecting but still has the possibility to change the value of second parameter

Michal

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Mar 12, 2015, 10:36:51 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Now I understand, what you suggest is callouts for process parameters.  I think is worthy.

Also we could try to invent something that assigns default dynamically - can be even more worthy for windows.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Hiep Lq

Mar 12, 2015, 11:02:29 AM3/12/15
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas
i think weditor in parameter process, parameter infowindow, grid view should sync.
more feature of weditor in standard window is loss in other where.

i advice tomas use java script validate to it, but never try it, hope it will hope or other guys can confirm?

Lê Quý Hiệp
Email: hie...@hasuvimex.vn
Skype: admin.hasuvimex
Mobile: 0915277401

Company: Thanh Hoa Fishery Import - Export J.s.c  (HasuvimexDL 47
Add: Lot E, Le Mon Industrial Zone, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam

Tomáš Švikruha

Mar 12, 2015, 11:05:34 AM3/12/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com