Mobile Responsive Question - Line Summary Column to Prevent Scrolling Right

Chuck Boecking

Sep 28, 2020, 4:12:30 PM9/28/20
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

First let me say thank you to everyone who made iDempiere responsive for mobile devices. Your accomplishments are greatly appreciated.

I need to improve grid view in portrait mode on a cell phone. The reason for change is that you can only see one or two columns due to limited pixel width. The purpose of this email is to brainstorm options.

I believe the best solution is to simply replace identifier separators with line breaks below certain resolutions. You can then include a column that summarizes the line using separators. Potentially, this can be the record's primary key (showing identifiers).

Doing so (a) shows the most important data first and (b) reduces the need to scroll right.

Here is an example:
Screenshot_20200928-134526_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Thoughts???

Regards,

Chuck Boecking
512.850.6068 (office and cell)