what browse is best for idempiere?

Hiep Lq

Mar 20, 2013, 8:28:54 AM3/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com

I use firefox and chrome in ubuntu 12.10.
affter 20-30 minute browse is slow down.
every action in idempiere about 4-5 second to finish.

what environment (os, browse) is best for idempiere?

Heng Sin Low

Mar 20, 2013, 8:37:12 AM3/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
It currently run best at chrome. Are you using unity ? If yes, that could be the issue, try unity 2d or gnome classic.

blacklevel

Mar 20, 2013, 8:39:28 AM3/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I used Ubuntu 12.10 and 13.04, both with Chromium, which should be similar to Chrome. So far I had no noticable slowdown or browser-related problem.

I use Gnome-Shell however, not Unity.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Mar 20, 2013, 11:03:13 AM3/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Similar issue happening here with firefox-unity3d

Tried unity2d and not noticeable improvement.

Started today using gnome-classic, let's see.  Apparently is not related to idempiere but to firefox+unity under certain conditions like here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1050730
http://askubuntu.com/questions/229874/firefox-slow-down-and-100-cpu-after-gnome-settings-deamon-update

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz