Download the code

Meriem ADOUDA

May 10, 2021, 5:16:20 PM5/10/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In order to download the idempiere sources, i'm trying to  set the working version (a.k.a 8.2z)
 using  " git checkout master"  command, it gives me an error message saying : "pathspec 'master' did not match any file(s) known to git".

How can I solve this problem ?

thanks.

reua...@gmail.com

May 11, 2021, 3:30:56 AM5/11/21
to iDempiere
This is quite unusual. Here are my guesses:
  1. You might have inadvertently deleted or renamed your local master branch.
    git fetch before the checkout might fix it then.
  2. Or maybe You just issued the command in the wrong directory.
    after running git clone https://remote/repo localrepo you need to
    run cd localrepo before you can checkout a branch.
Andreas

Meriem ADOUDA

May 11, 2021, 11:21:43 PM5/11/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
thanks.

reua...@gmail.com

May 12, 2021, 4:15:59 AM5/12/21
to iDempiere
Hello Meriem,

Just out of curiosity: Was my answer helpful to you. If yes, please let uns know which of my guesses hit the goal. And if not, have you been able to solve the problem yourself?
Your response will also be helpful for improving the documentation if necessary.
Thanks!

Andreas

Meriem ADOUDA

May 14, 2021, 7:01:56 PM5/14/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andreas,

Actually I have been so busy these days, therefore I haven't tried your suggestions yet. But when I'm gonna do it, I will let you know of course.

cordially.