Feedback email recipient(s) : add flexibility

Nicolas Micoud

Sep 15, 2020, 12:04:20 AM9/15/20
to iDempiere
Hello,

ATM, when a user uses the Feedback email dialog, the recipient is read from the System.SupportEMail.
In my SaaS environnement, it is not convenient as we are using 3 languages, so I would like to be able to set an adress (To) per tenant and a Cc (or Bcc) to another one.

So, my idea is to :

Add 3 SysConfig keys (Org level) :

FEEDBACK_EMAIL_TO
FEEDBACK_EMAIL_CC
FEEDBACK_EMAIL_BCC

Replace DefaultFeedbackService.EmailSupportAction.showEmailDialog

if (!Util.isEmpty(system.getSupportEMail()))
{
    dialog
.addTo(system.getSupportEMail(), true);
}

with values of the SysConfig keys.

The migration script should initialize FEEDBACK_EMAIL_TO using the system.getSupportEMail() value.

wdyt ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Heng Sin Low

Sep 15, 2020, 12:50:18 AM9/15/20
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I think it might confuse existing users if we are having both in the system and changes to system.getSupportEMail()  being silently ignored (after migration). Perhaps we can have the 3 new sys config initially empty and take priority over system.getSupportEMail when it is filled.

Nicolas Micoud

Sep 16, 2020, 9:52:00 AM9/16/20
to iDempiere