Release 6.1 ready

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Nov 5, 2018, 4:58:29 AM11/5/18
to iDempiere
Hi community, the release 6.1 is available for consumption   :)

We're now on maven and java 10!   Big kudos to HiepLq.

This is now the officially maintained branch - this mean we keep doing bug fixes and adding non-disruptive new features during one year.
The 5.1 branch is now closed.

My advice: don't take it easy - don't hurry up moving your installations to this new version without first moving a test environment and doing quality control.
Check all your plugins, adapt them to the new version, Hiep has published an example in jenkins about how to do it, but in doubt, please ask in forums.

Please also note: the installers generated are for linux and windows 64 bits - all the other platforms are not generated now, so, if anybody needs 32 bits, it must be self-served.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Marco Longo

Nov 5, 2018, 5:22:49 AM11/5/18
to iDempiere
Hi,

What a wonderful news :-D

Thank you Carlos and Hiep for your big effort.

Marco

Dirk Niemeyer

Nov 5, 2018, 5:46:11 AM11/5/18
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos and Hiep,

thanks a lot for all your hard work!

Regards,

Dirk Niemeyer

Worku

Nov 5, 2018, 6:45:50 AM11/5/18
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos and other iDempiere contributors,
Thank you so much for your dedication to develop and maintain such a wonderful platform.
:worku

Zeeshan Hasan

Nov 5, 2018, 10:37:07 AM11/5/18
to iDempiere
Thanks!

tysoncs...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2018, 6:45:07 PM11/5/18
to iDempiere
Thanks Carlos,
Great news,I'm downloading and testing it out now.

Cheers

Tyson

Flo Boj

Nov 6, 2018, 1:31:55 PM11/6/18
to iDempiere
Using 6.1//10 since yesterday. Until now nothing unusual except for the starting of the appserver is different now !?

Flo Boj

Nov 6, 2018, 1:36:52 PM11/6/18
to iDempiere
No bug but...
probs with Storage reservation and such things are not user Friendly.

Hiep Lq

Nov 7, 2018, 6:09:48 AM11/7/18
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flo Boj
about "Storage reservation and such things are not user Friendly"

it's issue from release 6.1, how it difference from prev release?

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 1:36 AM Flo Boj <flob...@gmail.com> wrote:
No bug but...
probs with Storage reservation and such things are not user Friendly.

Lê Quý Hiệp
Email: hie...@hasuvimex.vn
Skype: admin.hasuvimex

Company: Thanh Hoa Fishery Import - Export J.s.c  (HasuvimexDL 47
Add: Lot E, Le Mon Industrial Zone, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam

jorge ojeda

Nov 7, 2018, 3:49:41 PM11/7/18
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos

Congratulations for the new release.

I ask you a question, How can I create an installer from Eclipse in 6.1

Greetings.

Hiep Lq

Nov 7, 2018, 8:40:26 PM11/7/18
to idem...@googlegroups.com
i not yet test for it. but like other maven project, you can base on [idempiere-root]/pom.xml and create a project
after that import it to eclipse and call run/"maven build..." input goal = verify

simpler just use command. go to [idempiere-root] fire mvn verify

Dwi Rahman Ismail

Nov 8, 2018, 8:44:26 PM11/8/18
to iDempiere
So already use maven and java 10? What a wonderful news to hear.. Really many thanks to all contributor.. :)

Habib Salhi

Nov 10, 2018, 1:33:32 PM11/10/18
to iDempiere
great work !! thank you for all your efforts in this world class product

Rinto Exandi Sinaga

Nov 11, 2018, 9:38:55 PM11/11/18
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this great achiements.

Jorge Babo

Nov 11, 2018, 9:53:29 PM11/11/18
to iDempiere
Congratulations on the great work. I'll test soon

Phil Barnett

Nov 12, 2018, 5:16:52 AM11/12/18
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos, Hiep & contributors,

Thank you so for your efforts to bring 6.1 to life. The behemoth that is Idempiere is a big beast and your knowledge and expertise is maintaining and over seeing its ongoing development are truly appreciated.

Phil Barnett.