Mattermost server (replacement for IRC) - meeting tomorrow on mattermost

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Dec 10, 2019, 5:19:27 AM12/10/19
to iDempiere
Hi community, we have now an official mattermost server for iDempiere (thanks to Murilo).

I finished configuring backups and jenkins notifications (still github and JIRA are pending).

I created some channels, channels allows us to have a more organized communication than IRC:

- Support - this is the channel to ask questions - I would think the direct replacement for what we are using IRC mostly
- Weekly-Meeting - channel to conduct our wednesday meetings - tomorrow I will use this for the meeting - not IRC
- Marketing - channel for communication of the marketing committee and its meetings
- Triage - for future triage meetings (to be planned)
- Lang-Español - channel for spanish speaking community
- Lang-Deutsch - channel for german speaking community
NOTE: if there is interest for another specific language channels (with enough supporters) please ask Murilo or me and we'll create the channel
- Notif-Github, Notif-Jenkins, Notif-JIRA - for notifications from each of those services

Mattermost creates by default two channels:
- Town Square - please don't use this channel - it must be used just for wide announcements - every member is permanently added to that channel
- Off-Topic - channel for "non-work-related conversations" - the weather channel  :-)

If you have suggestion for other channels, please let me know.

Please create your user in the following URL:

Mattermost has browser, desktop and mobile phone clients - I tried the three and it works fine.

Remember - meeting tomorrow in mattermost in channel Weekly-meeting - wednesday december 11 - check the time for your timezone here:

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz