Line endings in several

Lukas H

Sep 15, 2021, 3:50:58 AM9/15/21
to iDempiere

Hello everyone!
I noticed that several source files in org/compiere/model have CRLF line endings when I download them to any of my machines. I say "several" because all machine-generated files (the I_* and X_* models) have the expected LF line endings, same goes for e.g. ArchiveDB.java. Most other files like AccessSqlParser.java, Grid*.java and MProduction*.java.
This happens when I clone via git or when I download them manually as zip and unpack and it happens on two different machines, both of which have git configured to not tamper with line endings.
I'd like to make sure that the issue is not happening on my end and that it's just a somewhat confusing relic.

Yours,
Lukas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Sep 15, 2021, 6:34:26 AM9/15/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we have mixed EOL inherited from previous projects

muri...@devcoffee.com.br

Sep 20, 2021, 2:59:20 PM9/20/21
to iDempiere
Hi Lukas,

In this ticket IDEMPIERE-4896  I made an initial suggestion to improve issues related to iDempiere source code formatting.

Carlos made a very clear comment explaining some important points of attention that we must take into account before taking any decision related to this matter.

I'm taking advantage of your topic to bring the matter to the table, and see the opinion and experience of other developers so that we can consistently resolve this item without negatively impacting the project's maintenance.