Process that run from web service can not roll back.

hideaki hagiwara

Apr 4, 2020, 11:08:31 PM4/4/20
to iDempiere
Process that run from web service can not roll back.

Hi, all.

I run process from web service.
The process throw exception.
But did not roll back.

Is this specification?

I think that roll back is better when process that run from web service throw exception.
May I create JIRA ticket? or is there another way to do roll back when process that run from web service throw exception?

reproduce:
I created test Process like bellow.

WebService_TestProcess.png

This process throw exception, but could update description field in DocNo 80002 of Sales Order at Garden World

runProcess method of process class of web service do commit in spite of process failure.

WebServiceRunProcess.png

I propose to improve this method like bellow.

WebServiceRunProcess_modify.png

best regard.

hideaki hagiwara

Apr 4, 2020, 11:12:47 PM4/4/20
to iDempiere
attachment file
WebService_TestProcess.png
WebServiceRunProcess.png
WebServiceRunProcess_modify.png

Heng Sin Low

Apr 5, 2020, 12:04:03 AM4/5/20
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I've not use the trunk's version of web service for a while now but that does sounds like a bug to me.

Please create a jira ticket.

hideaki hagiwara

Apr 5, 2020, 2:01:56 AM4/5/20
to iDempiere
Hi, hengsin.

Thank you for quick response!
:-D

I created JIRA ticket and attached a patch.