Idempiere service/process getting killed.

Nishant Goswami

Feb 25, 2017, 1:53:21 PM2/25/17
to iDempiere

Hello All,

I have installed idempiere 4.1  on my AWS Ec2. I have encountered the strange issue that I am not able to understand.

the idempiere-server process gets killed for the unknown reason. I tried with chuck's script as well. But after some undefined time, it gets killed with some warnings. I am attaching log files as well.

I did not faced this issue with idempiere 3.1.

Thank you.
idempiere_20170224201445.log
idempiere_20170225173022.log
idempiere_20170225182922.log
idempiere.2017-02-24_0.log
idempiere.2017-02-25_0.log
idempiere.2017-02-25_1.log

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Feb 25, 2017, 2:40:05 PM2/25/17
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nishant, how much memory?

I remember having problems with low memory machines that iDempiere gets killed by the OOM Killer

You can configure the OOM killer to ignore the idempiere process, like explained here:
http://backdrift.org/oom-killer-how-to-create-oom-exclusions-in-linux

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

El 25/02/17 a las 19:53, Nishant Goswami escribió:

Nishant Goswami

Feb 26, 2017, 1:38:23 PM2/26/17
to iDempiere

Thank you Carlos.

I will look in this issue.

Nishant Goswami

Feb 26, 2017, 1:41:13 PM2/26/17
to iDempiere

For testing of idempiere 4.1 , I am Using. AWS t2.micro instance..  which is single core, 1 GB RAM,

But in this instance, I am not running any other things.

Chuck Boecking

Feb 27, 2017, 11:44:34 AM2/27/17
to iDempiere
Hi Nishant,

In my observation, 3.1 was capable of running in a t2.micro with light use by a single user. Heavy use by a single user would kill iDempiere after about 20 minutes. 4.1 seems to require more memory. I am no longer able to run iD on a t2.micro. It runs perfectly on a t2.small with a single user.

If you watch htop, iDempiere fails when memory usage approaches 100%.

I hope this helps!

Chuck Boecking