Data Corruption (field cleared) if org is not accessible

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 13, 2024, 1:39:12 AMJun 13
to iDempiere
Hi,

We have a window with a ReadOnly field which contains the Org parent of the document's org.
(the field is populated with a callout and is working well).

Org access are maintained per user.
If a user opens a record with a ParentOrg not present in AD_User_OrgAccess, the field is cleared and the Save button become enable.
User doesn't notice and save, data is now corrupted :(

As a workaround, I remove the field from the tab and from what I see, it seems to work now.

To reproduce it, I add Parent_Org_ID in Business Partner window, with a ReadOnly logic @#ShowAdvanced@ = N
I also remove 'Stores' from Role > Org Access of 'GardenWorld User' role.
Then I fill the field with GardenAdmin and save.
And if the record is open with GardenUser, the record is save-able and field is cleared.

BTW, I notice list of Orgs in User > Org Access only show Trx Org whereas Role > Org Access allow to choose ALL org (including Summayr ones).
Shouldn't be harmonized?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Saulo Gil

Jun 13, 2024, 7:06:28 AMJun 13
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hello Nicolas,

Are you sure the field isn't getting cleared by the callout? Callouts might get executed when the record is loaded, without any user interaction.

Best regards,

Saulo Gil | Orbital Software  | +54 911 3049 4237
Nicolas --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iDempiere" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/idempiere/ce18d134-a3c6-4125-ac46-039ffa32bc09n%40googlegroups.com.

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 13, 2024, 7:45:48 AMJun 13
to iDempiere
Hi,

Yes, as it happens only with users without rights.
And moreover, there is no callout on the field I added on the BP window

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 13, 2024, 12:51:14 PMJun 13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I think when a value on a field is not visible for the user, then the field is cleared by default.

I remember we discussed something similar in a JIRA ticket, somehow a record could not be navigated or saved because a read-only field was left empty, but I don't remember what was the conclusion.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Le jeudi 13 juin 2024 à 13:06:28 UTC+2, saul...@orbital.com.ar a écrit :

Hello Nicolas,

Are you sure the field isn't getting cleared by the callout? Callouts might get executed when the record is loaded, without any user interaction.

Best regards,

Saulo Gil | Orbital Software  | +54 911 3049 4237

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 14, 2024, 12:37:29 AMJun 14
to iDempiere
Hi,

Hidding the field allows to not 'lose' data, so we can say the issue is closed as data are preserved. Putting the field on the window add very few value.

Anyway, shouldn't we harmonize lists between User > Org Access and Role > Org Access (from User you can select only Trx, where Summary one are avaible from Org) ?

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 14, 2024, 6:58:30 AMJun 14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think the dynamic validation must be consistent in both windows.

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 14, 2024, 9:37:59 AMJun 14
to iDempiere