iDempiere and DMS

Martin Schönbeck

Jul 28, 2022, 1:42:59 PM7/28/22
to iDempiere
Hi,

has anybody experiences connecting iDempiere with a DMS? There is a plugin connecting iDempiere to alfresco, but it is not uptodate. And perhaps other DMS are in use also.

Regards,
Martin

Norbert Bede

Jul 29, 2022, 7:17:28 AM7/29/22
to iDempiere
Hi,
Yes, Long time we did integration meanwhile Nicolas publish own solution if i remember good. (ask him)
we are using idempiere DMS. More details @Deepak, he maintain it as private plugin.

IMO: DMS is quite complex topic, and in our experience they are difference in role because ERP is organize structured data (database tables and records) however DMS organize unstructured data (like docx, xlsx, etc.) - from experience DMS inside idempiere is good solution. There are lot of space for improvement however has many benefit, mainly do not confuse users with many user interfaces (separate ERP and DMS)

Norbert

Diego Ruiz

Jul 29, 2022, 7:19:39 AM7/29/22
to iDempiere
Deepak presented that at the last conference, you can check the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llprktMFCm4

Unfortunately, that is not a community plugin.

Best regards,
Diego

Niraj Joshi

Aug 1, 2022, 2:52:25 AM8/1/22
to iDempiere
@Deepak I tried using build file for the DMS after  watching the video from the last conference, but i was not able to install it. Is the repo updated or not? I tried Both DMS 5.1 and DMS 7.1 builds. DMS 7.1 had some pack in issue in the org.idempiere.dms in the latest build

Adam Sawtell

Aug 1, 2022, 10:57:28 PM8/1/22
to iDempiere
I installed this recently, Yes i believe the files have been updated, I had to get these from Deepak. Deepak will be able to advise.