Plugin to validate VAT ID for EU

Michal Zilincar

Nov 24, 2014, 7:06:41 AM11/24/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I have started working on small plugin to validate TAX ID.  https://bitbucket.org/mzi1sk/vies_idempiere/overview

EU offers soap service  based on VAT ID. It returns  VAT ID validity status, full business partner name and address.

Proof of concept is done, after filling TAX ID, callout fills in Company name and address.

BTW : thanks to Stanislav and Carlos ( I hit on sunday problem with filling in address and found out Carlos day before just did patch that enables it, based on Stanislavs reporting :)

Now I have 2 possible bugs , just pls confirm I am not doing something wrong as I have still much more experience developing adempiere:

1) in QUICK_ENTRY_MODE when callout is returning error message, this doesnt show to user.
2) In ADempiere, callouts also worked for me with buttons.  Process cannot be used as I want to set value in fields before saving the entry. Any idea for workaround ? Or enabling callouts on buttons?

Except solving this, there is still plan to do :
1) do some more validation of tax id format before calling SOAP
2) changing logic for parsing of address , as for almost each  EU country I am getting different way it is formated.

Best Regards
Michal