Custom Target Platform for Plugin

Lukas Heidbreder

Jul 3, 2024, 4:00:33 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to iDempiere
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to convert some older plugins with dependencies in lib/ folders to more easily maintainable maven managed plugins. That has not been working as intended so far.

I have tried:
1) Adding dependencies to my pom. They seem to simply be ignored, both in Eclipse and on the command line.
2) Creating a custom target platform. I have included the general iDempiere target platform and my additional dependencies - that works in Eclipse but will fail on the command line.

Is there a way to do this properly? Have I just overlooked something simple?
Thank you for your help.

Heng Sin Low

Jul 3, 2024, 4:38:13 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to idem...@googlegroups.com
POM dependencies wouldn't work, you have to use the target platform.

Lukas Heidbreder

Jul 3, 2024, 4:52:17 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to iDempiere
Do you know of a way to make that work on CLI as well?

Heng Sin Low

Jul 3, 2024, 5:08:18 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I mean that should always work in cli since that's what the core have been doing all the time.

Lukas Heidbreder

Jul 3, 2024, 9:04:04 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to iDempiere
I mean, fair enough.
Is the correct way to go about it to create a new target platform inside my own project (that includes the iD target platform), or do I need to modify the existing iD target platform?

I have tried creating a new one in my plugin project and that seem to be ignored (as I would expect, I inherit iDempiere's build configuration after all). Trying to run `mvn verify` results in
> [ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
> [ERROR]   Software being installed: BoDxml 2.0.0.qualifier
> [ERROR]   Missing requirement: BoDxml 2.0.0.qualifier requires 'java.package; jakarta.xml.bind 4.0.2' but it could not be found

"BoDxml" is the plugin's name, "jakarta.xml.bind" is one of its dependencies. I have added the build-related files, in hopes that makes my problems clearer.
platform.target
MANIFEST.MF
build.properties
pom.xml

Heng Sin Low

Jul 3, 2024, 10:26:20 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to idem...@googlegroups.com