Seed data and demo login

a platypus

Feb 15, 2014, 6:51:07 AM2/15/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi folk,

I hope your weekend is going smoothly.  I have iDempiere running (at least my localhost:8080 page comes up OK).  However whatever I try to use to login, fails.  I'm following the examples in the Windows Installation iDempiere wiki page
I tried all of these user/password combinations.  I wasn't sure if I need the @domain.com part, but tried both versions.

I just get a login fail.  I used the script and seed data loaded with the:
  • $/utils/RUN_ImportIdempiere.bat
I expect I'll need a way to check user-passwords on my local data.  Is there a process some place on the wiki or web to reset passwords or give them a known value.  I'm assuming the database passwords will be the encrypted values.

I can't quite understand how the seed data passwords are not working.  Is there a way to verify that the database is appropriately installed for the application package?  I'm wondering if I'm missing a data patch or something like that?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Kind regards,

  William

a platypus

Feb 15, 2014, 7:19:46 AM2/15/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Again,

Also, I am wondering how to login to the other links on the landing page (localhost:8080):
  • iDempiere webUI (per the first post, this thread)
  • iDempiere Server Management
  • Felix Console
  • Support requests (JIRA)
Also it looks like I need to do something to use the JIRA dashboard:
When I attempt a login with a valid on-demand user account, it says this system isn't ready for me.  So how does one connect to a particular project with this set-up?

Also relating to the first post.  If these passwords are out-of-date (have been changed), can someone make a not some place to get the data administrator changing things like passwords; to also update (all) the relevant wiki and documentation pages?  A worthwhile thought.  'Better' might be to put these seed passwords on one-single-page.

Cheers,

   Will

On Saturday, 15 February 2014 22:51:07 UTC+11, a platypus wrote:

I hope your weekend is going smoothly.  I have iDempiere running (at least my localhost:8080 page comes up OK).  However whatever I try to use to login, fails.  I'm following the examples in the Windows Installation iDempiere wiki page
  •  ...

a platypus

Feb 15, 2014, 8:03:21 AM2/15/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

I have poked about in the database looking at table: ad_user, and found the passwords I sought in my earlier post.

So my interpretation of the wiki page information was misdirected.  When I look at this page now, I can see a logic there.  It is kind of obscure about how things are intended to work.

Short story, is all good I can login to the webUI.  I can login to the web store:

After some 'learning' about how emails are done.  So people can more or less ignore my query.  I left the answers here for those who will follow.  They will probably get the wiki page where I missed it.

I am still wanting to know how to register for JIRA.  A how to page would be the best help.  Or let me know here and I'll see about making a how-to on the wiki ;-)

Chao,

     Will

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Feb 15, 2014, 8:55:10 AM2/15/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

There is a Help button next to the OK button on login page.  Please feel free to enhance that wiki Help page.

JIRA idempiere is self-service -> https://idempiere.atlassian.net/secure/Signup!default.jspa

Before opening a bug is better to ask in forums (as you did), recommended reading:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#idp54033792
"Don't rush to claim that you have found a bug"

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

a platypus

Feb 16, 2014, 6:34:55 AM2/16/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Carlos,

I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  I was planning to look at JIRA to see if others had had similar trouble.  So yes I take your point to be shy about claiming a bug.

I'll take your polemic under advisement.  My benchmark on this kind of stuff is Navision which isn't the best or worst I've seen doing real-world(tm) work.  Even so, incredibly obvious (to someone else) can elude the newcomer.   I'll look-into anything I might add value on the help page.

In my defence, one does not expect the 'HELP' feature normally to show you how to crack passwords.  Which this help does; so my expectations let me down.  No way I'd expect to see passwords on a wiki help page (blow me down!).

Cheers,

   Will

johnbendi

Feb 2, 2016, 9:47:47 AM2/2/16
to iDempiere
As it stands now, your query has done little to help me know how you solved your problem. I'm still in the dark.
Message has been deleted

johnbendi

Feb 2, 2016, 10:21:14 AM2/2/16
to iDempiere
Click the Help button next to the OK button and read the whole page. The various login details are usually given at the last section titled Demo User List. Choose one of the listed user infos in that section.

HTH.
John