Lookup of Menu Bar Not Your Average Look Up

Fco. Javier Vannini Robelo

Dec 20, 2012, 6:02:18 PM12/20/12
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I am in interested in learning how the look up bar on the main menu bar is behaving. Where in (application dictionary or code) could I find such information ?

One difference Ive observed is that when typing "H" it will return all windows containing the letter "H" as opposed to only beginning with the letter "H".

Regards,

Tanmoy Prosun Dey

May 17, 2022, 12:31:13 PM5/17/22
to iDempiere
I want to know the process also. Please advice.

Regards,
Tanmoy

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

May 17, 2022, 4:38:50 PM5/17/22
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Testing in test.idempiere.org:

When you enter 1 character - it shows all the menu options starting with that letter
- for example you enter "i" it shows a lot of options starting with "i"

When you enter the second character - it shows the menu options starting with those two characters:
- for example you enter "in" - the list is shrunk to show just 18 options starting with "in"

And then when you enter the third character - it shows the options containing those three characters
- for example you enter "inv" - then the list is expanded to show many other options that contains the letters inv

So, summarizing, the first to letters are checked as "starts with" - after the third letter is checked as "contains"

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz