Download repository for iDempiere

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Aug 13, 2015, 4:20:34 PM8/13/15
to iDempiere
Hi community,

iDempiere has more than four years rolling, and until now the main download repository have been the jenkins server (sponsored by the BX Service).
I was concerned about two things:
1 - jenkins server was not intended as a download repository (is not mirrored, bandwidth can be a problem)
2 - we don't have statistics about downloads - yes - it's unfortunate not having statistics for the past 4 years   :-(

But, anyways, detected an issue is better to solve it than to cry  :-)

Since yesterday I set up jenkins server to move the daily releases to sourceforge area.

There are four new areas of release on sourceforge:

Version 2.1 daily at

Development version (aka 3.0) at

And next to those folders you can find also the daily swing client for those versions.

NOTE there is also a new area of release that will be announced soon by Dirk Niemeyer   ;-)

Correspondingly I changed the downloads page on our website:

So, we can think that since now we'll have better download speeds and better statistics, enjoy.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Collazos

Aug 13, 2015, 4:35:10 PM8/13/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos:

Most of them are going to git. What do you think?

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 13, 2015, 5:20:16 PM8/13/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Yes Carlos, we're aware about all the bad press that sourceforge suffered.

In principle I think is not 100% fair as the hated and criticized junkware download from sourceforge is an opt-in for projects, and obviously we're not interested in such practices.

We tried a few alternatives but still sourceforge is the best (by far) download repository for big files, our download files are almost 3GB - and in principle that can be generated daily (more like to be generated weekly).

Git is a different thing - is more intended as a repository for code (replacement for mercurial), not for download.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Karl Kuhrman

Aug 13, 2015, 5:23:48 PM8/13/15
to iDempiere

Heng Sin Low

Aug 14, 2015, 10:31:40 AM8/14/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
iDempiere source is hosted at bitbucket, not sourceforge. We only use sourceforge as file server for the project so don't mix the 2 thing up.