client side input validation.

sume...@kanzlei-wmv.de

May 10, 2021, 4:00:30 PM5/10/21
to iDempiere
Hello Community,

I wonder what would be the best way to implement (web) client side input validation
the UI might be a bit more responsive if an initial validation could be done in the browser using javascript. I imagine a lot could be done this way like string formatting, upper lower bounds checks for numbers and dates and so on.
Sure the validation code would have to be added to the page load. Still I'd expect that to have a smaller impact on responsiveness than a validation via roundtrip to the server.
Could that be an area to explore or is iDempiere just not built to accomodate client side validation?
Thanks for any helpful comments

Andreas