Multiple selection lookup within a process call

Saulo Gil

May 9, 2021, 9:54:01 AM5/9/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone managed to launch a multiple-selection (table) lookup within a process, since I haven't found any reference to signatures involving lookup fields such as org.adempiere.util.IProcessUI.askForInput(String, MLookup, int, Callback<Object>)

Most of these signatures require a window # handler, which is hard to obtain within a process (no complains about that). Following test code works but there seems no way to use multiple selection display types, as the lookup will just stop working.

        MLookupInfo li = new MLookupInfo("SELECT NULL, Value,Name, IsActive FROM M_Product WHERE IsActive = 'Y'", "M_Product", "M_Product.M_Product_ID", 0, 0, null);
        processUI.askForInput("foo", new MLookup(li, 0) , DisplayType.Search, bar -> new Object());

I know that a form probably would be a better fit for this use case, but I'm testing/learning what can and cannot be done within a process.

Any advice or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you,

--
Saulo Gil | Orbital Software  | +54 911 3049 4237

Saulo Gil

May 9, 2021, 12:41:12 PM5/9/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com

I have submitted a JIRA ticket and a patch / pull request in order to support this feature.

Best regards,

Saulo Gil | Orbital Software  | +54 911 3049 4237

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

May 11, 2021, 5:07:20 AM5/11/21
to iDempiere
Hi Saulo, I peer reviewed and approved your first JIRA ticket and pull request!

Thanks for joining iDempiere development   :-)

I must say, nice new feature, very clean JIRA ticket with explained test scenario, very clean patch, first pull request following all the suggested procedure.

It's very nice to peer review a patch that clear!

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz