Regarding parsing JSON API/ Import data thru JSON API

Nishant Goswami

Feb 28, 2016, 2:24:09 AM2/28/16
to iDempiere

Hello Group,

I need a support and suggestions for following scenario.

1> There is Online Order processing System(OOPS) in place which takes and keeps the record of online order processing.(php+MySQL). This System maintain Inventory as well.
2> I am Going to implement iDempiere for them as a open source solutions. They will be using iDempiere for CRM, Accoounting , Manufacturing process Management.
3> Now, they can not replace existing order placing system for multiple reason. So, My task is to establish real time communications between these 2 system(i.e. OOPS and iDempiere). So periodically iDempiere will call other system and import/fetch real time order data.
4> Current Service provider will provide data thru JSON API. which i need to parse in iDempiere so that it can use to generate invoices, manage Accounting, Manufacturing process, Production.

By keeping all this details here.. i need to know that, can iDempiere parse Data which comes thru JSON API. ?Please provides me useful documentation for this if available with anyone.

redhuan d. oon

Feb 28, 2016, 12:47:50 PM2/28/16
to iDempiere
This is the spot to research http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/NF1.0_Web_Services_Improvements
The WS should be JSONable for your developer.

Nishant Goswami

Mar 7, 2016, 11:52:32 PM3/7/16
to iDempiere
Thank you Red1,

I am looking in so many direction. Actually I am not able to understand where actually this scenario will fit.?

1> Do i need to create new plugin which will work as Web Service Client and behave as a consumer?
OR
2>  I need to create one web Service in iDempiere which will work as consumer for afore said WS?

I know.. I am Sound silly... and question is very low.

redhuan d. oon

Mar 8, 2016, 1:55:40 AM3/8/16
to iDempiere
The org.idempiere.webservices plugin is already part of iDempiere app stack, so you need not do anything further except to start it and talk to it from your existing 3rd party system.
Above link i gave is from this starting page http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Web_services

Nishant Goswami

Mar 8, 2016, 3:15:17 AM3/8/16
to iDempiere
Hi Red1, Thank you for your prompt Response.
But here as per your suggestions data will be fetched by php/mysql(3rd Party APP) and data will be given by our idempiere,
But, My scenario is opposite.Data will be fetched by idempire, and data will be given by php/sql(3rd Party APP).
I am still confused. web service is to give data. I do not want idempire to give data to php/MySQL(3rd Party APP). But, I have php/MySQL(3rd party APP)  which already got JSON API/WS, which will give data that needs to be called from idempire and will be saved in iDempiere.
Thank you.

redhuan d. oon

Mar 8, 2016, 9:46:23 PM3/8/16
to iDempiere
It is described in the link that our WS has standard CRUD.