hashing email password

norber...@multimageweb.com

Feb 21, 2014, 4:05:30 PM2/21/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i want to hash email passwords too. normal password works properly. i have the same setup for ad_user.emailuserpw, but if i update the emailpassword, then password will be saved without hasing.

norbert

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees and may not be reviewed or used in any way by other recipients. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message and any attachments thereto from your system.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Feb 21, 2014, 6:11:55 PM2/21/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Norbert, you can encrypt it - not hash it. Probably hash on such
field doesn't make sense as it's externally managed.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

norber...@multimageweb.com

Feb 22, 2014, 12:08:15 PM2/22/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
HI Carlos.
ok. i understand now. thanks.
anyway is it possible to encrypt ad_user.EMailUserPW field somehow ?

i re-read related user guides and stalled here. The field is checked as "Secure content"  and after i change password no encryption. i want to achieve the same behaviour as on normal password field.

what you recommend ?
norbert

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Feb 24, 2014, 9:13:21 AM2/24/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Norbert, you can encrypt any String column, you need to push the "Encrypt" button (was moved to the toolbar gear) and fill the parameters - there is simulation/test mode that you can try before really encrypting.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

norber...@multimageweb.com

Feb 26, 2014, 5:18:34 AM2/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
hi

thanks i got it.

some months ago i switch normal password to encrypted way, but i forget this.

I found it now, i change file by encrypt button. i see the data was encrpyted. i verify it in database.

BUT. when i went to email password field and change password manually. then the password fot email field was changed BUT was not encrypted like in case normal password field. LOOKS me as BUG. or i miss something again ?

nb

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Feb 26, 2014, 7:13:15 PM2/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Norbert, I didn't understand the test case.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz