Kanban board idempiere plugin.

Diego Ruiz

Oct 28, 2014, 12:30:19 AM10/28/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi community, I'm glad to announce the beta release of the Kanban board idempiere plugin.
Please check the wiki page explaining the usage.
Any feedback is really appreciated, if you like it, please vote for it in the wiki :)

redhuan d. oon

Nov 27, 2014, 4:44:00 AM11/27/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I tested it working superbly. Well done, Diego Ruiz! I uploaded a movie here http://youtu.be/Rt1aLdrfN3Y

Diego Ruiz

Nov 28, 2014, 11:56:04 AM11/28/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Redhuan! I appreciate your review and if there's anything you think could make it better feel free to tell me, so this can keep improving,

redhuan d. oon

Nov 28, 2014, 6:47:55 PM11/28/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I am very impressed with your work, Diego. I thought you work only at Disney World, USA. :)
A user already wrote to me saying about drill thru cards appearing on the same Document display and i am thinking of about it with Hiep's help here, so that those cards (i.e. Invoices, Payments, Shipments of the Order Kanban) can appear as thin line color (their respective base kanban color) and when you mouse over they enlarge to normal. Even the base cards can be minimalist (with bit more detail emphasis).
In short your Kanban board inspires me and spurred my wild imagination here. It is my most wonderful discovery for 2014.

Diego Ruiz

Sep 30, 2015, 3:20:02 PM9/30/15
to iDempiere
Hi Community, I want to announce the release of the version 2.0 of Kanban Board.

It includes two main new features:
  • Summary per status
  • Process within a kanban board
You can see how it works in the wiki http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Plugin:_Kanban_Dashboard.

Please I invite everyone to use it, test it, improve it and give all the feedback that you want, it will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Diego Ruiz

Alan Lescano

Oct 1, 2015, 6:19:16 PM10/1/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
It is a well done and very useful plugin. Thank you.

Alan

Peter Shepetko

Mar 13, 2016, 6:07:23 AM3/13/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego,
Thank you for version 2.0 of Kanban Board.
We use  this plug-in for diferent Roles and Users in our implementation for  Palich LLC.
But we have some proposal for improve :
1) We use different Windows for one Record / Document (sample: Requests) which have different info for Users.
We added field AD_Window_ID to KDB_KanbanBoard table and code to WKanbanBoard class.
2)We want to use Context in the Where field of KanbanBoard.
3)We need Auto Refresh for each Kanban Board.
For details you can see screenshot.

Can you do these improvements that will improve the Kanban Board for Community as?

Best Regards,
Evgeny Barg
Peter Shepetko
Palich LLC - Moscow
Kanban_Proposal.png

Diego Ruiz

Mar 14, 2016, 7:15:49 AM3/14/16
to iDempiere
Hi,
Sure, that sounds feasible, feel free to contact me privately.

Kind Regards,
Diego Ruiz

Peter Shepetko

Apr 20, 2016, 12:18:30 AM4/20/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello Diego,
We have some problems after migrated to iDempiere 3.1 (from 2.0) .
There are very wide cards( maybe without splits of text) in Kanban 2.0.
For details  you can see screnshot.
Can you help us?

Best regars,
------------------
Peter

Kanban_wideCard.png

Diego Ruiz

Apr 20, 2016, 5:07:41 AM4/20/16
to iDempiere

Hi Peter,

Do you have the last version of the Kanban? In the default branch a new functionality was added that allows you to select the width and height that you want to set in the cards.

If the card content exceeds the width or height, you can scroll the content

Please let me know if that solves your problem.

Kind Regards,

Diego Ruiz

Peter Shepetko

Apr 20, 2016, 10:49:34 AM4/20/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego,
Thank you for this feature.
We used the older plug-in and didn't see this.

Best regards,
Peter

Best regars,
------------------
Peter Shepetko
skype:  peter.shepetko
email:  pe...@fina.net.ua

Diego Ruiz

Jun 1, 2016, 6:41:42 AM6/1/16
to iDempiere
Hi community,

Since a couple of months ago, there have been new functionalities in the Kanban plugin. But I just, documented them in the wiki, so I want to share it will all of you.

Thanks to some community work, there are three main improvements:
  • Configurable text color on cards: add contrast to the cards defining the text color and the background color in the priority. (Thanks to TrekGlobal for the sponsorship)
  • Configurable standard size for the cards: now you can configure height and width of the cards in the boards. (Thanks to TrekGlobal for the sponsorship)
  • Auto refresh functionality: you can set how often a board performs an auto refresh. (Thanks to Alan Lescano for the patch with the source code)
You can check how to configure it in the wiki: http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Plugin:_Kanban_Dashboard.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing any kind of feedback, it is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Diego Ruiz

Diego Ruiz

Feb 11, 2019, 8:12:07 AM2/11/19
to iDempiere
Hi community,

There are some new features in the kanban board, sponsored by Norbert Bede/cloudempiere.com

  • Completed cards can be moved now if the status column is always updatable (see here).
  • You can now get the Kanban Board ID, within your running process to get more information when executing the process, (e.g where clause/order by ...), just adding this line to the process Env.getContext(Env.getCtx(), "#KDB_KanbanBoard_ID"));.
  • New functionality, you can now filter the kanban result by parameters within the Board (see here). You can see how to configure it in the wiki: http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Plugin:_Kanban_Dashboard#Kanban_Board_Parameters

Thanks again to everyone for sharing any kind of feedback, it is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Diego Ruiz

norber...@multimageweb.com

Feb 14, 2019, 1:23:57 PM2/14/19
to iDempiere
I can confirm, we are successfully  implemented Kanban in production -  with latest changes for logistic planning.
customer love it.

Thanks for development,

Diego Ruiz

Dec 16, 2019, 2:33:38 PM12/16/19
to iDempiere
Hi Community,

In order to be in line with the recent changes in the project, I've migrated the Kanban Board repository to GitHub.

You can now find the source code under https://github.com/d-ruiz/kdb_idempiere.

Any future commit (there are some improvements on the way) will be made against that repository. I will keep the bitbucket repository but will no longer keep an updated version there.

Best Regards,
Diego Ruiz

Diego Ruiz

Mar 13, 2020, 8:30:03 AM3/13/20
to iDempiere
Hi community,

Since December 2019, there are some changes and new features in the Kanban Board.

  • Minor changes to improve security and performance
  • Trx control on Document status change (thanks to Murilo and devcoffee for the contribution)
  • Support SQL Text in the Kanban cards -> Now advanced users can set a text obtained from a SQL query within the kanban content, so basically, you can show there any information you want. Depending on the query, this might have an impact on performance, so use it carefully. (thanks to Murilo and devcoffee for the contribution)
  • Default Kanban per user -> Now users can set a preference of their default kanban, the default Kanban will be displayed directly when the Kanban Board form is open - saving some clicks to each user ;). (Thanks to Anton Fildan for suggesting this feature)

All the features are in the latest version of the plugin and working on version 7.1. As always, any feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Diego Ruiz

Phil Barnett

Mar 16, 2020, 4:21:46 AM3/16/20
to iDempiere
Hi Diego,

Here is some feedback: It's one of the best plugins I've used so far. Polished, effective, does what it says it will do.

Well done.

Diego Ruiz

Mar 30, 2022, 8:42:36 AM3/30/22
to iDempiere
Hi guys,

Phil thank you for the nice feedback, I somehow missed the message.

I want to update you guys with a nice improvement designed and sponsored by Norbert Bede!

The Kanban board plugin now supports swimlanes.

"Swimlanes are horizontal lines that split a Kanban board into sections. Teams usually use them to visually separate different work types on the same board and organize homogeneous tasks together.

A simple example of a Kanban swimlane would be the separation of different product types (“Hardware” and “Services”) of your procurement team. In this case, separate swimlanes give you a better overview of the workload per product type and help you achieve a better flow."

The swimlanes separators can be easily styled using CSS, the header and summary messages support HTML so you can highlight the most important information as well.

SwimlaneChange.gif

I hope you all like it. This is all compatible with the latest version of iDempiere.

Best regards,
Diego Ruiz