Deep Copy

Pritesh Shah

May 11, 2015, 3:43:10 AM5/11/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Currently in iDempiere, when we copy the window/tab it copies first tab only, if we want to implement a deep copy like copying all the tabs (first and all child tabs with multiple levels) then what could be the approach? Can anyone suggest or help me out for the same?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks,
Pritesh

Nicolas Micoud

May 11, 2015, 3:55:36 AM5/11/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Maybe i'm missing something, but the 'Copy Window Tabs' process copy all the tabs.
You can call it from the first tab of the 'Window, Tab & Field' window

Nicolas

Pritesh Shah

May 11, 2015, 5:04:15 AM5/11/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nicolas, but I am talking about the copy button in toolbar window for example, Bank/Cash there is copy button, if we select any existing Bank and click on Copy button then it copies the first tab records and not its child Accounts, Account Document records, etc

Nicolas Micoud

May 11, 2015, 5:07:01 AM5/11/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
AFAIK, it should be feasable using the CSV export/import function.
It allow to select data from all tabs
http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/NF1.0_ImportCSV

Nicolas

Pritesh Shah

May 11, 2015, 5:15:42 AM5/11/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
It allows only first level child tabs and not underneath child tabs

Sánchez Torres, Max

May 11, 2015, 8:32:49 AM5/11/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Yes its correct because you need save firt tab (header document)to add data in child tabs...but for save it you need unique data and this is not alwais allowed...for that reason you have a button copy from..to copy data from other document after you modify header document.

Regards

Max Sanchez Torres
Grupo Tecnológico Hardmax S.A.C

Pritesh Shah