Offline POS order sync with SmartPOS

Sanoj Kumar

Nov 16, 2015, 2:44:42 AM11/16/15
to iDempiere
Hi,

   I am new to google groups and smartpos at the same time. I would like to know is there any options available in smartpos for offline sales sync with erp later, other than installing RabbitMQ in pos?

Regards
Sanoj Kumar

Pedro Rozo

Nov 16, 2015, 11:25:44 AM11/16/15
to iDempiere
Hi Sanoj,

Answer is yes ... RabbitMQ is supported just for smartpos 2.1,  (3.0 is 100%web + OSGi)  we are about to release SmartPOS version 4 (currenty in testing), it is 100%web & OSGI, but it will support asynchornous  scenarios using Cassandra database for data synchronization. stay tunes in twitter : @smartjspnews and  for any future questions about smartpos, please use our soruce forge forums.

Regards

Pedro R

Sanoj Kumar

Nov 16, 2015, 11:49:57 AM11/16/15
to iDempiere
Hi Pedro,

   Nice to hear from you that I can do offline sales. I am using the SmartPOS OpenBravo swing client(2.1) for pos machine, while I am online and connected to RMQ, the sales are updating in iDempiere server, I did some sales after shutting down the RMQ. Even after I turned on RMQ and did a Synchronize with ERP, those offline sales are not updated in server. Can you please provide your valuable instructions to do an order sync later when the server(RMQ) came online? I'll post my future queries regarding SmartPOS in sourceforge.

Regards

Edwin Liauw

Nov 20, 2015, 2:30:39 AM11/20/15
to iDempiere
Hi Sanoj,
I am using SmartPOS 2.1 too, from my experience those offline sales still can not insert into ERP. RMQ are the bridge for sales transaction from POS using XML insert into ERP, it shoud keep alive/online.
you can shutdown ERP server but you can not shutdown RMQ. the offline sales transaction will create queue on RMQ as long as RMQ service is running, after ERP Server running,those queue will insert into ERP.

Regards,
Edwin