Not Balanced error when complete production with two line of a product (one line is end product, one line as material)

Hiep Lq

Apr 25, 2014, 12:22:01 AM4/25/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
My case is: some time I must recreate a product. (repackage, recreate, fix)
because I make a production document with data as below in case fix product:

1. product in document head is PChair
2. a production line with product is PChair (is end product = true) (line 1)
3. a production line with product is Seat_Seat  (line 2)
4. a production line with product is PChair (is end product = false) (line 3)

when i complete, it make "Not Balanced" error in post document.

reason:
1. logic in line 167 class Doc_Production
line 1 and line 3 is consider as productionBOM.
because a line make 2 fact account with symmetric value
=> balance of line 1 and 3 =0.
line 2 make total balance not balance

solution
modified line 102 class Doc_Production
docLine.setProductionBOM(line.getM_Product_ID() == prod.getM_Product_ID());
=>
docLine.setProductionBOM(line.getM_Product_ID() == prod.getM_Product_ID() && line.isEndProduct());

my way for this case is correct?

Heng Sin Low

Apr 25, 2014, 1:54:59 AM4/25/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Why do you have PChair as both end product and not end product ? That BOM looks wrong to me.

Hiep Lq

Apr 25, 2014, 3:35:23 AM4/25/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Thanks hengsin.
I also see it's not good. but I don't see other solution for my case.

ok, for my solution. I don't use BOM, just input direct to production window.
in my manufacturing, we repackage product.
step 1: make product with normal carton.
step 2: when carton come from vendor we repackage.
because PChair is both, end product and material

Alan Lescano

Apr 25, 2014, 5:34:13 AM4/25/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hiep, I think you can try different aproaches:

1- Repackage due to expose your company visual identity:
if you rapackage products you buy, so it is possible to have (in same moment) 2 different products in you inventory: not repackaged, and already repackaged. So maybe you should work with 2 products in MProduct. This solve your production issue.

2- Repackage due to customer choice:
example, customer choose a gift package. In tis case maybe the package is a new line on sales order

3- Fix:
what about using Internal Use Inventory window to decrease inventory of Seat and allocate cost to a charge like Fixing Malformed End Product

Alan

Hiep Lq

Apr 28, 2014, 10:53:00 AM4/28/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Alan, thanks for your suggest.
I want restrict make new product.
we repackage in some case
+ carton is break
+ change carton to send product to other customer