Cached translations

Nicolas Micoud

Mar 28, 2017, 9:12:46 AM3/28/17
to iDempiere
Through https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-2235 and this commit https://bitbucket.org/idempiere/idempiere/commits/ff199a11605edfbe9213ef78ea2fdc071775cfb3, we add ability to force reload of translations.
But majority of methods are still using PO.get_Translation (String columnName, String AD_Language).
Means that if the translated name of the doc type has changed, you'll still get the old value.

For instance, I have a callout which populate fields using stuff from another table.
Here's the code :

MXXAModel myModel = new MXXAModel(ctx, id, null);
mTab.setValue("Name", myModel.get_Translation("Name"));
mTab.setValue("Description", myModel.get_Translation("Description"));

Using it, i'm filling fields with wrong values.

As I don't want to force a reload on every call, my idea was to reset the cache when a name or description (from source table) is updated.
Haven't tested but calling (String columnName, String AD_Language, boolean reload) in a afterSave method (if name or description has been updated) should do the job.
Can it be done directly in PO ?

Maybe at the end of the saveFinish method ?

WDYT ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Micoud