How to Export DB,and Import it to work good.

Jerry

Dec 26, 2014, 9:10:40 PM12/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi:  I have some problem with "How to Export DB,and Import it to work good.". Meanwhile, I want to produce a DB seed, which i can import it to DB,when i install Idempiere and Postgres (run_importIdempiere).

 Best Regards.

redhuan d. oon

Dec 27, 2014, 4:56:03 PM12/27/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Did you try RUN_DBExport and then RUN_DBRestore? If those work, that is all you need to maintain your database.

Syed Muhammad Taha Najam

Jun 8, 2022, 8:12:09 AM6/8/22
to iDempiere
where to run this command (RUN_DBExport.bat)? I mean where do I have to go in order to run this command? any specific directory?

Leszek Bober

Jun 8, 2022, 8:42:56 AM6/8/22
to iDempiere

Hi
Command RUN_DBExport.bat or RUN_DBExport.sh you can run in <idempiereHomeDirectory>/utils

Regards
Leszek Bober

Syed Muhammad Taha Najam

Jun 9, 2022, 4:00:51 AM6/9/22
to iDempiere
Hello, thank you for your response. I found this file in this directory D:\Idempiere\idempiere\org.adempiere.server-feature\utils.windows>
Tried running it in git and cmd(terminal) as well but no luck. both giving the error "command not found" or "not recognized as an internal or external command"
I basically want to upgrade my version from 7.1 to 9. Is there any proper step by step documentation on that?

Johannes Gubo

Jun 9, 2022, 4:26:13 AM6/9/22
to iDempiere
If you're stuck with a simple task like that, you're gonna have a REAL hard time upgrading from 7.1 to 9.
My kind recommendation, hire a professional doing the upgrade and migration for you.

Leszek Bober

Jun 9, 2022, 7:22:44 AM6/9/22
to iDempiere
Do you have a PostgreSQL client installed in your system?
If not -> install.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 9, 2022, 7:30:06 AM6/9/22
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Syed, is that a production system being migrated?

Or just a test system?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

El 9/6/22 a las 10:00, Syed Muhammad Taha Najam escribió:

Syed Muhammad Taha Najam

Jun 9, 2022, 7:52:51 AM6/9/22
to iDempiere

j.g...@mctsystems.io Thank you for your response. But I need to learn it along the way with the help of professionals like you. I think I can pull it off. I've run batch files before but I don't know how to do that here.

Hello Leszek Bober, Yes, I've Navicat installed and the database is configured in that. I hope that's what you meant.

car...@gmail.com Yes, my task is to migrate a production system from 7.1 to 9. Currently I'm testing on test system that I deployed in Virtual box ubuntu.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 9, 2022, 12:00:23 PM6/9/22
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

1 - no, Navicat is different than postgres
For the scripts to work you need to install at least the postgresql client (if the database is in another server)

2 - if you're on ubuntu, then you don't run the .bat files, in ubuntu you need to execute .sh files

3 - if it's a production server, then it seems you're looking to the wrong structure
org.adempiere.server-feature\utils.windows is the structure for development
a production server will have the scripts in the utils folder

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz