Run idempiere over https

Éder Pereira

May 3, 2017, 8:36:44 PM5/3/17
to iDempiere
Hi people;

I wanto to run idempiere 2.1 over https. So, I generate a certificate using certbot (letsencrypt), but I don't know where to put the certificate file to idempiere begins to response https requests. Can someone help me? Someone already did this? Thanks!

Éder Paulo Pereira
epHealth
+55 55 9-9171-5871

Orlando Curieles

May 4, 2017, 12:10:46 AM5/4/17
to iDempiere
Hi Paulo, I recomend you use nginx or HAProxy for this purpose..

Please check this links.

Regards

Éder Pereira

May 4, 2017, 7:04:25 AM5/4/17
to iDempiere
Hi Orlando, thanks for response;

I have many idempiere servers on amazon aws, and I have thought that I'll need a certificate for each instance. For me, it does not seem practical the fact to have one more instance for each idempiere server for run haproxy. Maybe I can to run on same idempiere server? What do you think about it?

Regards

Eder Paulo Pereira
epHealth

Hiep Lq

May 4, 2017, 7:54:59 AM5/4/17
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas
you need just one haproxy instance for all your idempiere instance.

Lê Quý Hiệp
Email: hie...@hasuvimex.vn
Skype: admin.hasuvimex

Company: Thanh Hoa Fishery Import - Export J.s.c  (HasuvimexDL 47
Add: Lot E, Le Mon Industrial Zone, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam

Orlando Curieles

May 4, 2017, 8:01:33 AM5/4/17
to iDempiere
Hi, you just need one instance, put your certificate on 443 port in redirect for each instance of adempiere over http port

Éder Pereira

May 4, 2017, 9:41:51 AM5/4/17
to iDempiere
Really? It's simpler than I thought. Would this server be a reverse proxy or something? Can I run using apache or nginx? Thank you very much Orlando.

Éder Pereira

May 4, 2017, 7:16:18 PM5/4/17
to iDempiere
One thing that maybe I did not make clear, all my idempiere servers on aws belong to different clients, so, one server running reverse proxy is enough?

Hiep Lq

May 4, 2017, 10:30:23 PM5/4/17
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas
yes.

Éder Pereira

May 5, 2017, 8:30:21 AM5/5/17
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas
In this case a have to use virtual hosts OK?

Em qui, 4 de mai de 2017 23:30, 'Hiep Lq' via iDempiere <idem...@googlegroups.com> escreveu:
yes.

Em quinta-feira, 4 de maio de 2017 09:01:33 UTC-3, Orlando Curieles escreveu:
Hi, you just need one instance, put your certificate on 443 port in redirect for each instance of adempiere over http port

Lê Quý Hiệp
Email: hie...@hasuvimex.vn
Skype: admin.hasuvimex

Company: Thanh Hoa Fishery Import - Export J.s.c  (HasuvimexDL 47
Add: Lot E, Le Mon Industrial Zone, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam

A+;
Éder Paulo Pereira
+55 55 9171 5871
unijic at gmail dot com

Éder Pereira

May 14, 2017, 8:06:03 PM5/14/17
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas
Hi there;

The problem was resolved. In my case, I use nginx working as a reverse proxy on each ec2 instance, in the same ec2 instance that I'm running the app, and then I use letsencrypt to generate the ssl certificate, that is free. Works fine for me, see https://poc.ephealth.com.br. Thanks for the answers, because of them I was able to reach this result.