Plan for release(s)

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Oct 29, 2014, 6:59:13 PM10/29/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi community, this is the plan for next weeks:

* From the actual development branch I'm going to create release 2.1 - and 2.1 will become the next maintenance branch (2.0 will be closed for maintenance)
r2.1 becomes with many functional/technical improvements, this is the list (pending to fill):

* After 2.1 released I'll integrate zk7 into development and it will become r3.0
r3.0 is a big jump in terms of platform upgrade:
- it's replacing tomcat with jetty
- latest eclipse
- latest equinox
- move to java 1.7 for development and support 1.8 for runtime
- upgraded apache felix console
- upgraded zk to 7.0.3
- upgrade libraries for hazelcast, postgresql jdbc, oracle jdbc, c3p0, cron4j, jfreechart, super-csv, vt-password
- upgrade jasper reports to 5.6.1

I created the templates for new features 2.1 wiki pages
It will be great to get community help to document the new features described in this category previous to the release.
We appreciate whatever you can contribute to.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Hiep Lq

Oct 29, 2014, 11:07:45 PM10/29/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos, great to hear this plan.
i want confirm this "move to java 1.7 for development and support 1.8 for runtime"
it mean, we can use new syntax of 1.7 without cake about must run with java below 1.7?

Jan Thielemann

Oct 30, 2014, 5:30:09 AM10/30/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Oct 30, 2014, 3:03:59 PM10/30/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hiep, yes, on zk7 branch we won't support java6 anymore.

On the upcoming release2.1 branch we'll keep java6 until r3 is stabilized.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Oct 30, 2014, 5:06:19 PM10/30/14