Bootstrap 3 integration for ZK 7 themes

Pritesh Shah

May 9, 2014, 10:41:46 AM5/9/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I am new to iDempiere and I need following help
Is there anybody who have tried integrating bootstrap with zk7 ?

can anybody help me in integrating bootstrap ?

I do have checked below JIRA issue, but its not completed yet

Thanks in Advance!!

Thanks,
Pritesh

Hiep Lq

May 9, 2014, 11:34:56 AM5/9/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com

I try it. as I comment in ticket.
integrate bootstrap to user script function is easy, it's just a library. you can Immediate use it in idempiere
but to current style of Idempiere  switch to bootstrap style need more attend.

for simple case, button.
in idempiere, button style is very varial.
button in log-in screen diff button in  home tab diff other place.

have a script to apply style of bootstrap for all button, but because diff style template in idempiere, we must fix this script or sync all button style.

other problem, navigate control (apply for tab and some navigate control) is just in Zk EE
because we must make new control for it.

other problem, somewhere in idempiere, width, height is fix value. but size is bootstrap is a bit diff in idempiere (extra control to layout)
because we must adjust it by make new idempiere theme

need complete design for idempiere flow stype bootstrap

you want working in this ticket?

Pritesh Shah

May 12, 2014, 6:03:10 AM5/12/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Can we use zkmax library? its for EE, does idempiere uses zk EE ?

Hiep Lq

May 12, 2014, 6:06:57 AM5/12/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Idempiere just use CE version.
because it's total open source with no price.

Edwin Ang

May 13, 2014, 4:29:40 AM5/13/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

From what I've read here: http://www.zkoss.org/license
ZK provides free license to open source project. Why don't we request for it? :)

Regards,

Edwin Ang

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

May 13, 2014, 12:34:43 PM5/13/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Edwin, last time we checked (in 2009 we were applying for a ZOL license for adempiere) potix agreed to give us a ZOL license, but the source code of the EE cannot be distributed, which makes it incompatible with our GPLv2 version.

That's the reason why we stick to CE with LGPL.

I have heard that ZK CE represents a big improvement in performance, great if somebody could provide some metrics about.  If is worthy, it sounds possible that somebody creates an EXTERNAL extension with EE (magic of OSGi).

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Hiep Lq

May 13, 2014, 9:46:10 PM5/13/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com

"ZK EE 7.0.1 Source Code for customers and ZOL users"

a performance form zkoss
www.zkoss.org/resource/file/report/ZK_performance_test.pdf

nilskm

Sep 3, 2014, 10:49:48 AM9/3/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Did you have any success in this matter? I think it would be interesting to integrate bootstrap with iDempiere.

Nils

hie...@hasuvimex.vn

Sep 3, 2014, 2:40:58 PM9/3/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
No, I'm not successes. But I know something :), you want try? I can collaborate to complete it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:36:55 PM9/25/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos.
I try contact with Potix. same you said, we can access, modified, rebuild, and distribute lib of ZK EE, but can't distribute ZK EE source.
I understand that, we can user a non GPL lib in us project with a notice in copyright. true?
because maybe we're still available to use zk EE? at least after test. wdyt?

or what effect you mean is with ZK EE, other user can't use his idempiere version without public it?

Heng Sin Low

Sep 25, 2014, 9:58:36 PM9/25/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
You miss the most important part in the gplv2 link above:

"Only the copyright holders for the program can legally authorize this exception"

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/idempiere/5f47fdde-359c-4778-b38c-caa3245f9aa6%40googlegroups.com.

Hiep Lq

Sep 25, 2014, 11:40:58 PM9/25/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks hengsin for point me.
ask all contribute for accept is impossible?
other risk when rely to ZOL license is when potix change it, we will encounter problem.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/idempiere/5d0ca9d9-ca36-4091-84eb-4fe5756cfc59%40googlegroups.com.

Hiep Lq

Nov 4, 2014, 12:24:09 AM11/4/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi nilskm and Pritesh Shah.
I hope you still interest with boottrap also idempiere.
After zk7 is move to test state.
i work more in this issue, and i believe we can integrate boottrap to idempiere by take time for it.
i open a wiki to push this job. any contribute is welcome.