Documentation most-wanted

Diego Ruiz

Sep 18, 2020, 12:24:25 PM9/18/20
to idempiere-marketing
The purpose of this thread is to let the community give their opinion on what they feel is missing or should be improved regarding documentation.

Please reply this thread with your suggestions. It can be anything related to documentation.

Technical, functional, installation, development, usage, etc ...

The idea is at the end with the results, work together with the community to improve and update all the missing documentation in the public resources.

Martin Schönbeck

Sep 21, 2020, 5:09:19 PM9/21/20
to idempiere-marketing
Hi Diego,

actually I was just looking for a best practice for development. Of course installation of development is very good documented. But e.g. for my situation where the test installation is on a server and development in eclipse locally. So a short list of steps from creating the fork iDempiere-xxxx up to the point where remote debuging with eclipse is running.

And for the functional documentation I just was missing the generation of price lists and preparing the price list schema.

Regards,
Martin

Luis Amesty

Sep 23, 2020, 3:46:57 PM9/23/20
to idempiere-marketing
Hi Diego.
I have been looking for best practices on Multiple Currency Transactions.
For instance, when currency rates are different any single day or even any single document.

Also on Accounting Dimension best practices using standard Activity, Project and User1, User2 available.
I have found that using Dimensions, accounting elements can be strongly reduced, additional revenues and expenses analysis can be done using these practices.

Regards
Luis Amesty

Mohamed Dernoun

Sep 25, 2020, 9:12:06 AM9/25/20
to idempiere-marketing
Hi Diego,

I was always looking for a best practice on how to automate the process of development/Deployment and how to make this continues and automatic CI/CD, add tools and documentation for example on how to us DevOps along with iDempiere will bring a lot of benefice  to iDempiere's developer in term of time and daily repetitive tasks.

Best Regards
Mohamed Dernoun