Project statements and values

Diego Ruiz

Nov 14, 2019, 10:24:12 AM11/14/19
to idempiere-marketing
Hi community,

The marketing committee has some proposals for the mission and vision statement, project values and project slogan.

Proposals:

Mision

"To help companies around the world to grow with freedom. To do this, we focus on high-quality code and we have established a culture that supports, recognizes, and respects our great community, so they can share their knowledge with the world."

Vision

"To be the world’s best free open source enterprise software which inspires organisations to share and construct win-win relationships with the community.  Our goal is to have a slim core surrounded by a range of plugins to accompany any business need. Our promise is to provide reliable software and stay open source to bring software freedom to the world."

Value proposition
Idempiere helps organizations grow with freedom by providing them high-quality software without restrictions, made by a worldwide community of highly skilled members.

Values:
  • Fairness.
  • Respect.
  • Diversity.
  • Collaboration
  • Inclusivity.
  • Transparency.
  • Quality.
  • Freedom.
  • Attribution.
  • Think of the greater good.
The next meeting is next Wednesday, so the idea is that all the community members that want to review, collate any amendments or propose different ones can do it until then (Wednesday, November 20). If you like the statements and values you can also participate by saying that you agree :).

With the results from the week, the marketing committee will decide which statements and values to publish on the official site.

Kind Regards,
Diego Ruiz

Krishna Satish

Nov 15, 2019, 2:48:15 AM11/15/19
to idempiere-marketing
I would add Diligence as a core value.

On Thursday, 14 November 2019 20:54:12 UTC+5:30, Diego Ruiz wrote:
Hi community,

Values:
  • Fairness.
  • Respect.
  • Diversity.
  • Collaboration
  • Inclusivity.
  • Transparency.
  • Quality.
  • Freedom.
  • Attribution.
  • Think of the greater good.

Kind Regards,
Diego Ruiz

Eugene Barg

Nov 20, 2019, 6:07:03 AM11/20/19
to idempiere-marketing
Hi Diego

I would recommend to consider adding a word 'enterprise' in value proposition-

Idempiere helps organizations grow with freedom by providing them high-quality enterprise software without restrictions, made by a worldwide community of highly skilled members.

BR
Eugene

StabilisOne Andrzej Więcławski

Nov 27, 2019, 3:37:20 AM11/27/19
to idempiere-marketing
Fittable (ready to fit)

PS.
Supported globally, implemented locally
 - maybe too long, but - in my opinion - worth emphasizing as often as possible ;)