Structured Naming

betelgeuse

Jan 12, 2023, 1:56:18 AM1/12/23
to idempiere-marketing
I propose we introduce structured naming rather than random vote based naming. For example, Ubuntu names its releases alphabetically and with two words the second being an animal and the first being an adjective. Look anywhere, and there's usually structure behind names of pretty much any product.

Heng Sin Low

Jan 13, 2023, 1:55:11 AM1/13/23
to idempiere...@googlegroups.com
Well, we are always open to suggestions.  What kinds of naming series do you have in mind?

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:56 PM betelgeuse <atomic...@gmail.com> wrote:
I propose we introduce structured naming rather than random vote based naming. For example, Ubuntu names its releases alphabetically and with two words the second being an animal and the first being an adjective. Look anywhere, and there's usually structure behind names of pretty much any product.

betelgeuse

Jan 13, 2023, 8:13:11 AM1/13/23
to idempiere-marketing
I don’t have a specific example/suggestion right now. I was thinking of putting out a community driven effort to come up with ideas and then vote on it.