good ol' Idealist...

Moonpub

Apr 12, 2017, 11:16:28 PM4/12/17
to ideal...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm editing a large database again with the old Idealist software - it's such a pity the software was stopped, in my case it only needs RTF text editing functions, inserting a table/links etc. just those basic things for text-editing - and an updated software look would be nice but all the rest still works lightning fast and nice and far better (for me) than any other such software on the market these days.

Anyone suggestions how to re-activate the software?

O well, you never can tell, software code is probably far out of date or even lost now.

Thanks,
- Johnny

Tim Holt-Wilson

Apr 13, 2017, 2:33:15 PM4/13/17
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com

Good luck, Johnny, though I’m not clear from your message what you ate trying to do.

I love Idealist, and am running it on my 64-bit machine. Excellent.

Tim

--

---

Moonpub

Apr 13, 2017, 3:22:15 PM4/13/17
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com
ah never mind, was just wondering if somehow it could be picked up by a software company - no problems running it myself and using it ever since 1990s but some more (basic text editing) options would make it 2017 again - all other similar programs are more about organising data, Idealist is great for quick searches very large collections, anyway think I read longtime ago already that the software code itself was no longer available so no chance it wil ever be picked up again, classic legacy software :)

- Johnny

---

http://open.spotify.com/user/johnnyhoeve/playlist/6x7TFZPeiy2BUplELo5TY8
---- Moonpub Music on Spotify