Idealist for W7

John Robinson

Apr 18, 2012, 12:20:22 PM4/18/12
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com
Message for Lawrence Osborn

Hi Lawrence

Does anybody have a version of Idealist suitable to run under Windows 7?

Thanks for any help

Regards

John Robinson

This email and any attachments have been scanned with AVG and are, to the best of our knowledge, free from infection. However it remains the recipient's duty to ensure that any emails and attachments opened are free from any viruses or other malware.

Chris Hurrey Public

Apr 18, 2012, 5:00:09 PM4/18/12
to ideal...@googlegroups.com

John

My version 3.0 runs under Windows 7 OK.

Chris

tel        01276 514234

mbl       07969 907103 / 07982 934592

em        chris....@ntlworld.com

skype    chris.hurrey

Nikos Kavalis

Apr 18, 2012, 6:17:42 PM4/18/12
to Idealist
What I did in the past was run it under virtual PC, give that a shot?

Nikos

On Apr 18, 5:20 pm, John Robinson <johnrrobin...@btinternet.com>

Nikos Kavalis

Apr 18, 2012, 7:01:31 PM4/18/12
to Idealist
Actually, I just managed to get it all working. Try the following:

1. Download the installation file
2. Start Virtual PC XP mode and install the programme
3. Still within Virtual PC, go to the program files folder and copy
the Bekon folder somewhere in your main Windows 7 file system (I put
it in "C:\Program Files (x86)")
4. Close Virtual PC, navigate to the copied folder and simply launch
the programme.

Good luck,
Nikos

John Nurick

Apr 18, 2012, 5:14:13 PM4/18/12
to ideal...@googlegroups.com
Mine too. It’s the 32-bit version, EXE build date 8 Jan 1999.