Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Richard Ashe

ongelezen,
14 sep 2022, 11:43:2014-09-2022
aan Idealist
Hi All,
I am resurrecting my IdeaList database which has a large amount of genealogical data in it.  I only have the original windows version but it won’t work on later versions of windows. I wonder whether anyone has a copy of V3 that I could download (or buy). TIA
Richard

John Eden-Green

ongelezen,
14 sep 2022, 13:14:0914-09-2022
aan Idealist
Hi Richard, I do have a copy of v3 (I copied all the files from the installation discs to a hard drive many years ago). I have just installed it on a virtual Win 10 machine under parallels for Mac and it appears to run fine. I doubt that there is any licensing issue any more with me sending you a copy, but others may care to comment.

Send me a link to a shared folder and I'll upload what I have

Rgds

John

Richard Ashe

ongelezen,
16 sep 2022, 06:49:2216-09-2022
aan Idealist
Hi John,
Thanks for that.
Try this shared Dropbox folder….
Best,
Richard

Moonpub

ongelezen,
16 sep 2022, 07:28:3316-09-2022
aan Ideal...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

I had to find the software and check it if it still works installing. I can add a Idealist3 compressed file
(RAR) - it's a setup that still works installing with windows 10, at least on my PC. Still using Idealist
since 90s but always copied whole folders to new PC/Windows without installing - but you may
need an install version that works.- I will try to upload it that Dropbox you mentioned.

- John

--

---

Richard Ashe

ongelezen,
21 sep 2022, 06:00:3621-09-2022
aan Idealist
Hi Guys,
Any news? Nothing has appeared in my Dropbox yet; let me know if there is a problem with access and I will try something else.
Cheers,
Richard

Moonpub

ongelezen,
21 sep 2022, 12:41:0121-09-2022
aan Ideal...@googlegroups.com
hi,

I have no experience with Dropbox (had to sign up to find out) but tried things anyway.
Could be the upload succeeded but can't find if it indeed was uploaded.

Also my Dropbox gave me a link finally after trying to share it - see if it's (idealst 3.0 RAR compressed)
available with link below. If needed I can made it available another way, regular email or as a normal download
online.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8piuuwh0euohwh0/Idealist.rar?dl=0

regards,
John

Brian Leeming

ongelezen,
22 sep 2022, 07:12:5922-09-2022
aan Ideal...@googlegroups.com
Hi John etc

The idealist files are very small (by modern standards), so they can easily be attached to emails if that is easier than using Dropbox, expanding the .RAR file etc.  Or the originator could open a folder in Google Drive and drop them there.

If I could be certain that I have what you want, I will do it for you.  Do you want me to try?

Brian

Moonpub

ongelezen,
22 sep 2022, 07:40:2722-09-2022
aan Ideal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian and John

The file in Dropbox (at least I can see and download it) but can't be sure
it's available for others also.

Anyway, I have webspace myself and uploaded it just now - I will leave it
at this address. When  you uncompress it (you need Winrar) you see it's
a portable version of Idealist 3.0 - no install needed.

Here's the link:
John

Moonpub

ongelezen,
22 sep 2022, 07:43:4622-09-2022
aan Ideal...@googlegroups.com
Sorry - typing error, this should take you to Idealist file in 1 click.

Here's the link:
John

Moonpub

ongelezen,
22 sep 2022, 07:48:4922-09-2022
aan Ideal...@googlegroups.com
Again sorry, tested it, but my google email account doesnt let me
download RAR file with one click from the email.

You probably need to copy the address and then open a new tab
browser and then it will download

- John
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden