migrating data from Idealist

Barbara Waszynski

Dec 3, 2009, 11:54:08 AM12/3/09
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow Idealist users,

did anyone of you succeed in exporting records from Idealist to any other DBMS? In my case it is a library software, but I'd be glad to hear about migrations to any other system.
Thank you for your help.

Best wishes from Germany,
Barbara

Johnny Hoeve

Dec 3, 2009, 12:17:48 PM12/3/09
to Idealist
Hey Barbara,

No not really. To regular text files, yes. I wonder if possible. But
you have 4 export options. Try comma seperated which I think is
standard database export - or try all 4. Perhaps you have to rename
the file extension for import. It saves as text file.

Johnny

On Dec 3, 5:54 pm, Barbara Waszynski <b.waszyn...@googlemail.com>

Lawrence Osborn

Dec 3, 2009, 2:29:17 PM12/3/09
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com
2009/12/3 Barbara Waszynski <b.was...@googlemail.com>

did anyone of you succeed in exporting records from Idealist to any other DBMS? In my case it is a library software,

In theory it should be possible to define an export format file (see Exporting in the Idealist Help file) to create a Bibtex file from a set of library records in Idealist. Many library programs can import Bibtex.

Yours
Lawrence

--
Dr Lawrence Osborn
Osborn Editorial Services

0141 636 1614
edi...@lhosborn.co.uk
lawr...@lhosborn.co.uk
http://osbloggery.blogspot.com/

John Eden-Green

Aug 23, 2014, 8:41:07 AM8/23/14
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com
I'm in a similar position - wanting to export an Idealist db into Filemaker Pro. Has anyone tried this? It is difficult to use csv format since some fields in some of my records contain both commas and CR/LF characters. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers

John