idealist in win 10

Jae Soo Kim

May 19, 2016, 7:09:06 AM5/19/16
to Idealist
my name is james. this is the very first time. so i do not know how and where do i post my inquiry. this is my try. i have a problem to use idealist in win 10. it works in win 7. i use this from 1995. if you know how to use it in win 10 please give me advice.

Tim Holt-Wilson

May 19, 2016, 7:19:18 AM5/19/16
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com

Hello James,

Like you, I have been able to use Idealist in Win 7, but I have not tried it in Win 10.

Wishing you good luck.

Tim

TD Holt-Wilson

--

---

Moonpub

May 20, 2016, 8:20:24 AM5/20/16
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com
James,

I just copy the idealist folder with databases and program every time I do new versions of Windows, no installs, just copying whole folder, worked everytime for many years now - It runs okay in Win 10 in my PC

- John
--
http://open.spotify.com/user/johnnyhoeve/playlist/6x7TFZPeiy2BUplELo5TY8
---- Moonpub Music on Spotify

Andrew Ryland

Jul 8, 2016, 1:32:41 PM7/8/16
to Idealist
John,

Thank you. I had not thought of doing this and it works perfectly. What a great piece of advice for Windows 10 users. Many thanks.

I am still keen to export my Idealist Data. The best way for me is to use the print command and choose Microsoft One Note as the printer. However, this does not work with a large hit range so it's a very long-winded method.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Tim Holt-Wilson

Jul 29, 2016, 12:09:34 PM7/29/16
to Ideal...@googlegroups.com

Andrew.

For exporting, is there any difficulty you have in creating a print template to distil your chosen file into? It’s a bit of a fiddle, but can be done. You then print out of Idealist.

Otherwise you can export as tab separated or comma delimited files into MS Excel. I have done that successfully too.

Kind regards,

Tim