PC Link with Ubuntu

Borough_Medley

Apr 6, 2018, 12:30:51 PM4/6/18
to IDE64
I downloaded the libftd2xx driver for my 64bit setup. I'm running Ubuntu 17.10. I had no problems with Ideserv and Windows XP, but after XP I stopped using Windows. I am using the same USB cable that worked with Windows. Now, I've followed the readme.txt and have installed the driver and my pc recognises the connection with the Ide64, but on the C64 all I get is device not present (device 14). I miss using PC Link with the Ide64 (4.1).

Jimmy Christensen

Apr 7, 2018, 5:55:46 AM4/7/18
to id...@googlegroups.com
I will fumble blindly here as I've never used PC-Link (only over with eth64), but in ubuntu you may have some trouble with permissions to the usb device, I assume the IDE64 presents itself as ttyACM or ttyUSB, try chmodding that 777, or run ideserv with sudo.