"AC 9V POWER solution for C64" voltage

Radek Kasprzak

Feb 4, 2017, 12:23:27 PM2/4/17
to IDE64
I finally managed to build this DC to AC converter and it shows me 13 v on AC side under load. My C64 power supply under load has something around 10v. Is there something wrong with my interpretation of this circuit ? Will c64 voltage tolerance allow me to not burn anything ? Did someone happen to have similar issue ? Is someone using this after all of these years ? Thanks for reply.

jo...@post.cz

Feb 4, 2017, 2:19:39 PM2/4/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
You can add an inductor and capacitor at the AC output to convert square wave to the sine wave. It may lower the potential video and sound interference from the pulses. There is no problem with that AC voltage difference on the C64 side.
But use only together with good power supply with pulse transformer.
Josef