IDE64 CE and Image BBS v1.2a

Mark D

Oct 11, 2015, 3:53:14 PM10/11/15
to IDE64
I recently picked up the IDE64 CE 512kb idedos 0.90 patch 51 and am new to the operations of the device.

I noticed when trying to load certain programs i get an out of memory error message on the C64

I noticed this problem when loading Image BBS v1.2a and Novaterm 9.3

I do not know how much memory idedos is taking up or if its depenent on the various versions of idedos loaded ex PCLink, Ether64 etc

Have any others ran across this memory issue and if so is there a work around to be able to get programs like these to load when using the ide64 other than using ram expanders.

Mark D

Oct 11, 2015, 3:53:14 PM10/11/15
to IDE64
I recently picked up the IDE64 CE 512kb running idedos 0.90 patch 51 so im new to the operations of the device

I noticed on a few programs loading from the C64 i get an out of memory message

so far i have seen this happen when trying to load Image BBS v1.2a or Novaterm 9.3

i don't know off hand how much memory the ide64 takes up or if its dependent on what version/mix of idedos you load in

i'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue on other programs or if its possible to change the amount of memory used on the ide64 in order to be able to load various programs to get them to work.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Kajtár Zsolt

Oct 11, 2015, 8:02:10 PM10/11/15
to id...@googlegroups.com

Bob Reid

Mar 15, 2018, 2:40:01 AM3/15/18
to IDE64
I realize this is an old post now, but I was just wondering, should Image BBS now load with the patch 52?
I have tried to load it, but am still getting this error.
Would there be any suggestions that could get around or correct the problem?

Thanks!

Comos

Mar 19, 2018, 2:52:06 PM3/19/18
to IDE64
If you wait a bit, then I might deliver a fully working CCGMS for IDE64.So far the disk access is fully working including REU I/O, the modem is also working till speed 2400bps.The 9600bps is using custom IRQ/NMI handling, which makes the printout of the modem characters to screen corrupted in some manner.As Soci pointed out,Im not 100% sure if there would be a way to fix this speed under IDE64.