USB question

Charles Gutman

Apr 15, 2019, 1:51:38 AM4/15/19
to IDE64
I have 2 CD rom drives and would like to use the ide one as the slave on the ide bus.
I also have a secondary USB CD rom drive and I was wondering if it would function in place of the ide in the event I would not be able to utilize it space wise.
Furthermore, if it does function properly inside the USB bus, would it still be configured as a slave to drive 8, or would it become 9 as a separate device entirely?
Sorry to ask, but I'm preparing to get one and have practically no knowledge whatever of it, outside the fact that it is an AMAZING DEVICE.

Thanks so much
Be blessed!

Petter Lindquist

Apr 15, 2019, 4:06:21 AM4/15/19
to IDE64
It's not a USB host controller, so that would not work.

Default device numbers are 12 for master and 13 for slave, leaving 8-11 for floppy drives. This can be configured and saved to nvram.