IDE64 v4.1, v4.2 Slave adapter

Comos

Jun 28, 2016, 4:35:31 PM6/28/16
to IDE64
Hi all,

after some time, I finally finalized the slave adapter for IDE64,that allows you to connect a second CF card or a HDD to a total of 3 devices.
If there would be an interest,it would be possible to produce more pieces.For now there are 3 existing modules (with a typo in the credits) :)

Comos
P1020780.JPG
P1020778.JPG
P1020782.JPG
P1020784.JPG

Balazs Oszvald

Jun 28, 2016, 4:39:24 PM6/28/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
You should run a new group now :) How much is the fish?

Comos

Jun 28, 2016, 5:20:41 PM6/28/16
to IDE64
If I count the components, pcb in this prototype,it's like 10-11Euro.The only a bit time consuming work is to cut the IDE connector pints to the pcb surface with a special straight cut precise mini cutters.
But if I get it mass produced,hope it can get cheaper.
Don't worry,I have these pieces ready for Arok ;)

Balazs Oszvald

Jun 29, 2016, 1:12:29 AM6/29/16
to id...@googlegroups.com

Sir, you have a customer!

Christian Esser

Jul 1, 2016, 10:37:01 AM7/1/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Is it possible to use this on a V3.1 adapter, too?
If yes I'm interested in buying one.

Chris

Kajtár Zsolt

Jul 1, 2016, 2:52:58 PM7/1/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
The must have party equipment to copy stuff between two cards ;) I'm
interested if anything is left as I don't have an adapter yet.

--
-soci-

signature.asc

Kajtár Zsolt

Jul 1, 2016, 3:11:27 PM7/1/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to use this on a V3.1 adapter, too?
> If yes I'm interested in buying one.

You'll need to get +5V from somewhere as there's no matching 2 power pins on
V3.1 to plug the black header into like there is on a V4.1. I think the top
pins are the same as the bottom so you can connect it there carefully. Comos
probably knows which one is GND and +5V.

Once you get past the power issue I think the CF card will come up as a
master, and possibly you could use another ATA device as slave if compatible.

--
-soci-

signature.asc

Comos

Jul 1, 2016, 5:48:05 PM7/1/16
to IDE64
I have been testing copying between two cards and it's quite fast :)
I have reserved one for you :)

rber...@iglou.com

Jul 1, 2016, 8:28:03 PM7/1/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
I would like to order one, please.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
July 30-31 Commodore Vegas Expo v12 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

Marc B.

Aug 24, 2016, 3:56:04 AM8/24/16
to IDE64
Hi Comos
i order two of this adapter when it is not to late?

Best regards

Comos

Aug 26, 2016, 1:13:25 AM8/26/16
to IDE64
Hi Marc,

for now I have made only 3 prototypes, which are already gone.Im planning to do a small production batch and when done,I will do an announcement.

arcadestation

Oct 13, 2016, 3:09:23 AM10/13/16
to IDE64
Hi, some news from the Adapters?

Best regards

Comos

Oct 15, 2016, 3:39:38 PM10/15/16
to IDE64
Hi,

for now I was just counting orders and looking for a company,that could solder the CF slot for me the fast way,because the rest I have to do by myself.
I'll wait if I'll get more interest on the X 2016 party and then proceed.

Glenn Wiorek

Oct 22, 2016, 7:36:58 AM10/22/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
How much and how to order an IDE64 ?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 2:09 AM, arcadestation <arcade...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi, some news from the Adapters?

Best regards

jo...@post.cz

Oct 26, 2016, 9:20:05 AM10/26/16
to id...@googlegroups.com

Viktor Varga

Oct 26, 2016, 2:24:34 PM10/26/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
what a nice cases. :)

üdvözlettel/best regards: Varga Viktor
----
Futtatható fájlok/Executable files:
Futtatható fájlt vagy azt tartalmazó zip állományt kérem átnevezve küldjön, különben a víruskereső eltávolítja.
If you would like attach an executable file, please change the extension of that file, elsewhere the virus scanner removes that file.
---
Jogi figyelmeztetés/Disclaimer:
A levél tartalma csak és kizárólag a címzettekre tartozik. Nem engedélyezett ezen a címzetteken kívül bármilyen megtekintés vagy továbbítás. Ha nem érintett, akkor kérem értesítse a küldőt, és törölje az összes példányt.

Glenn Wiorek

Oct 27, 2016, 12:19:39 AM10/27/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
Very Nice Thanks for the link!

Count Zero

Oct 28, 2016, 4:02:23 PM10/28/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
What is the difference between a v4.2 and v4.1?

-CZ

Kajtár Zsolt

Oct 28, 2016, 5:28:07 PM10/28/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
> What is the difference between a v4.2 and v4.1?

Received the same question 2 days ago, so I'll copy the answer here:

----

It's well hidden in the manual:

"The V4.2 cartridge increases the PEROM size to 512 KiB."

"On IDE64 V4.2 the CSEL2 and CSEL3 signals are not available
as they were reused for addressing."

----

At least these are the differences I'm aware of.

--
-soci-

signature.asc

Glenn Wiorek

Oct 29, 2016, 3:01:21 PM10/29/16
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josef,

I would like to order a copper IDE64 4.2  for 105 EU please add me to the list or tell me where to send via paypal
Thanks,
Glenn

arcadestation

Nov 10, 2016, 6:24:55 AM11/10/16
to IDE64
Hi Cosmo,
For your counting, i take three adapters when you are ready. I hope you have some new interresting orders for counting to this great adapters.

Best regards

Comos

Apr 4, 2017, 8:42:16 AM4/4/17
to IDE64
Finally after some time I made a batch of 9 complete modules from 20 ,that I can send immediately.
The final price is 13 Euro, because I had to let the CF slot assembled in a company, to speedup the process a bit.
If anyone interested, please drop me an email.The rest I will assemble in short time,just need to order more pin headers.

arcadestation

Apr 5, 2017, 1:53:25 AM4/5/17
to IDE64
Great news ;)