latest IDE64 0.9x beta version and loading

Grue

Jan 12, 2018, 8:24:46 AM1/12/18
to IDE64
I have noticed that when loading with shift+runstop it always load to 0801 ->

I think better default would be to load into correct address instead of start of basic.

Is there spesific reason why its like it is?

// Grue

Greg King

Jan 13, 2018, 10:25:01 AM1/13/18
to IDE64
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 8:24:46 AM UTC-5, Grue wrote:
I have noticed that, when loading with shift+run/stop, it always loads to $0801.

I think better default would be to load into correct address instead of start of basic.

Is there spesific reason why it's like it is?

The only thing that IDEDOS does is default to a disk drive instead of a tape drive; everything else is done by the Kernal.  It loads files as BASIC programs because we don't RUN machine-language programs -- we SYS them.