ideservd: filename converting onthefly?

pcollins

Jan 5, 2022, 8:16:16 AM1/5/22
to IDE64
hey.
i couldnt save any files with a "/" in the filename via ideservd, right?

I like to call BBS like RapidFire with my Wifi Modem or the U64  and downloading some stuff, but most of the files include a "/" in the filename like:

turrican/ex

So, i couldnt save this file directly via ideservd to the pc.

Idea: an option to convert special letters like "/" to "{2f}"  on the fly to save files.

regards pcollins/excess

Kajtár Zsolt

Jan 6, 2022, 6:27:58 AM1/6/22
to id...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, ideservd does not have the same CMD path emulation mode yet like IDEDOS
which would allow this.

The plan is that for "/" it will use the Unicode character U+2215 on the
filesystem just like fusecfs does. This only works half way at the moment so
U+2215 in a filename on PC becomes "/" on the C64 side but the file can't be
accessed (or created) as the path parser interprets "/" as a directory
separator without the not yet implemented CMD path mode.

This needs more work in ideservd.

--
-soci-