Windows port of the cfs011mount

jo...@post.cz

May 26, 2017, 8:21:23 AM5/26/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I have created Windows port (Vista and above) of the cfs011mount.

It allows you to access IDE64 CFS filesystem on Windows PC. You need CompactFlash reader and sw tool like P.D. Image Creator to create image  file from your IDE64 disk.
It is also possible to use VICE IDE64 disk drive images. Another option is to use CompactFlash SDHC adapter inside IDE64 and internal SD card reader in your notebook.

To run the program, you need WinFsp FUSE implementation

Install WinFsp (the blue button)

Both 32-bit and 64-bit binary versions are provided. Just choose appropriate version.
To mount disk image, from Windows Command Prompt type the command:

cfs011mount ide.cfa z: -d

ide.cfa is the image file of your IDE64 filesystem
z: is the Windows drive letter (use any letter which is not used)
For testing purposes you can use included ide.cfa disk drive image.

To stop cfs011mount, press CTRL+C inside the command line window.
Built on Win10 64-bit. Tested on Win7 32-bit and 64-bit.
Use at your own risk!

Best regards,
 Josef

Grue

May 26, 2017, 10:21:09 AM5/26/17
to IDE64

Whoaa!! Best news ever and I can report it seem to work on 64bit Windows 10 with 8G cf-card which has 4 partitions on it. I can access all partitions.

Thanks again, this was one of the last reasons to have Linux virtual machine around 😊

// Grue

arcadestation

May 27, 2017, 4:29:21 PM5/27/17
to IDE64
Hi,
Josef you are great :)))
This is very useful for data transfer.
Absolutly great stuff :)

Thx

arcadestation

May 29, 2017, 8:30:15 AM5/29/17
to IDE64
Hi Josef,
today i test the driver. i have problems to access the CompactFlash image structur made with P.D.Image Creator.

I Install the WinFSP (blue Button) on a windows 7 ultimate 64bit system. its all ok.
then i use the fusecfs-1.8.3-win tool calls cfs011mount with the parameters

cfs011mount cf8gb.cfa z: -d

(it's a 8 GByte SanDisk CompactFlash Card with only one partition!)

FUSECFS011 started the service and into the Windows Explorer are the "Local Disk (Z:)".

when i opened this Folder, i see only one file without anything.

What is the misstake?

Can you help?

best regards

p.s.: sometimes when i start fuse, it comes a bluescreen and the cpu restarts. normaly?

arcadestation

May 30, 2017, 5:29:04 AM5/30/17
to IDE64
Hi again,
It is possible to mount a cf or sdhc directly without make a image with p.d.image creator?

Have anywhere experience to mount directly?

Best regards

jo...@post.cz

May 30, 2017, 5:34:06 AM5/30/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thank you for the feedback.

(it's a 8 GByte SanDisk CompactFlash Card with only one partition!)
FUSECFS011 started the service and into the Windows Explorer are the "Local Disk (Z:)".
when i opened this Folder, i see only one file without anything.

You should see one folder which represents your partition.

p.s.: sometimes when i start fuse, it comes a bluescreen and the cpu restarts. normaly?

I have not experienced such behaviour.

But I did not tested the fuse with such large image file.

Btw. Does the included ide.cfa test image work without problem?

Am Freitag, 26. Mai 2017 14:21:23 UTC+2 schrieb jo...@post.cz:
[...]

Thomas Karlsen

May 30, 2017, 6:59:14 AM5/30/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Great news! Thanks!

arcadestation

May 30, 2017, 9:09:57 AM5/30/17
to IDE64

Hi Josef,

here a little bug report. Yes, the ide.cfa have the same results by me (see picts).
Before anywhere ask, yes, my system are running very well. It's a normaly homeoffice pc with a intel i3 processor and 8gbyte ram and windows 7 Ultimate 64bit version.
The same result by a another cpu with Windows 10 HomeEdition and another CPU with a IntelCore2Duo 3GHz. By all CPU's the same result by the test file ide.cfa and FUSECFS011 driver.

In Explorer i see the device Z:
When i select this, i comes a bluescreen.

What i do?
1. WinFSP (blue button) donloaded and installed
2. then i make a folder called "image" and insert all files from "fusecfs-1.8.3-win.zip" into this folder (inluding the ide.cfa file)
3. now, i start win command line in this folder and type the same parameters "cfs011mount ide.cfa z: -d"
4. then starts FUSECFS011 v1.8.3 service (see pics)
5. now it shows the data structure of the ide.cfs image (see pic)
6. i opened the explorer and i see device Z:
7. now, when i select this device comes the bluescreen and the cpu restarts

jo...@post.cz

May 30, 2017, 9:54:46 AM5/30/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
I think the blue screen behaviour should be discussed with the WinFsp author.
But, there are two versions of the precompiled binaries 32-bit and 64-bit. Which one did you choose?
Please check that you are using the appropriate cygwin1.dll, there are two versions included. Just to be sure.

arcadestation

May 30, 2017, 12:58:41 PM5/30/17
to IDE64
no, i take all files in the x64 folder including all files :(
it's the same effect. windows crash with a bluescreen.

jo...@post.cz

Jun 7, 2017, 1:33:03 PM6/7/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Previous version was limited for working with file images of the disk drive.

Mounting a CompactFlash or SD card directly is possible with the new build.
http://ide64.org/fusecfs-1.8.3-win-devel.zip

Writing to a raw mass storage device you should only do if you really know what you're doing.
So, please, handle this ability with care.

You need to install Cygwin environment and run the Cygwin shell as Administrator.
Using following Windows command you can find where is your Flash reader mapped

>wmic diskdrive list

Cygwin mapping from POSIX /dev namespace to internal NT namespace is as follows:

/dev/sda \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0
/dev/sdb \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1

[up to]

/dev/sddx \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE127

Example of mounting \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1

$ cfs011mount /dev/sdb z: -f -s

You need to to run Cygwin shell as Administrator, a file system will by only visible to that account. This is because by default Windows creates drives in a local account namespace.

So to access the file system your applicatin need to be run as Administrator too.
The Total Commander which is run as Administrator for example.

Use at your own risk!
Josef

---------- Original e-mail ----------
From: jo...@post.cz
To: id...@googlegroups.com
Date: 26. 5. 2017 14:21:26

Subject: [ide64] Windows port of the cfs011mount

Hi!I have created Windows port (Vista and above) of the cfs011mount.

jo...@post.cz

Jun 7, 2017, 1:45:05 PM6/7/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
It seems, that installing Cygwin is not necessary, the included cygwin1.dll is enough.
Just run the command from the Windows Command Prompt.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Josef

arcadestation

Aug 19, 2017, 7:05:42 AM8/19/17
to IDE64
Hi, i can report, winfuse runs very well only on windows 10 64bit!!!
win7,8,8.1 64bit are crashed with bluescreen.
Great stuff ;)
Best regards

jo...@post.cz

Aug 21, 2017, 2:48:08 PM8/21/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thank you for the report!
Here is most recent cfs011mount v1.9
http://ide64.org/fusecfs-1.9-win7x64-devel.zip

Built on W7 64bit with the recent WinFsp and Cygwin.dll
(winfsp-1.1.17164, Cygwin DLL version 2.8.2, fusecfs-1.9)
Thank you in advance if you test it on previously bluescreen machines.
It contain only 64bit prebuilt version this time.
Josef

arcadestation

Aug 22, 2017, 11:43:50 AM8/22/17
to IDE64
Hi,
Good news. I test it and report here for all win7 64bit guys.
Thx ;)

arcadestation

Oct 4, 2017, 8:29:56 AM10/4/17
to IDE64

Hi,
some questions because directly mounting a memorycard with cfsmount011.
First, the new version 1.9 runs great with the ide.cfa test file ;-)
i have access to the folders and the little note program.

next step to mount directly the memorycard fails. i dont understand some things.

i have check with wmic diskdrive list the memorycard (see the picture)

it's the PhysicalDrive 2

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2

whats the command parameters for the commandline now to access the memory card directly?

Anyone knows that?

Best Regards

jo...@post.cz

Oct 4, 2017, 10:33:58 AM10/4/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
for PHYSICALDRIVE2 the command prompt should be:

cfs011mount /dev/sdc z: -f -s

You need to to run Windows Commad Prompt as Administrator (right click - Run as administrator), a file system will by only visible to that account.

arcadestation

Oct 5, 2017, 2:56:04 AM10/5/17
to IDE64
Thx josef,
Now i have another problem.
I used a 32gb sdhc with cf-adapter.
The sdhc card has four paritions.
When i start command from commandlines with admin, cfs011mount start but it dont show any informations about partitions.
I dont have access to the card.
Anywhere have the same problem or is the card to big?

arcadestation

Oct 5, 2017, 3:05:51 AM10/5/17
to IDE64
Hi,
Now i test it with a smaller normaly sd card with 2gbytes and only one partition.
Its the same problem. The service starts and wait to access...
I think i test another cardreader i think.

jo...@post.cz

Oct 25, 2017, 9:02:31 AM10/25/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
I recommend to create the file Image from the card first.
Note. You need to run it as administrator to work.
Then use the cfs011mount on that file without any risk of messing the data on the card.
Josef

Hi,

jo...@post.cz

Jan 16, 2018, 9:00:04 AM1/16/18
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i can report, winfuse runs very well only on windows 10 64bit!!!
win7,8,8.1 64bit are crashed with bluescreen.
Great stuff ;)

Hi, there is new Winfsp driver out, which fixes bluescreen creshes.

 Josef

Christian Esser

Mar 10, 2018, 1:32:37 PM3/10/18
to id...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for an IDE64 V3.1 schematic.
Is it available somewhere?

BR
Chris

jo...@post.cz

Mar 11, 2018, 2:29:33 PM3/11/18
to id...@googlegroups.com
IDE64 was PCB redesign of IDE64 V2.1 with the same schematics (Expansion bus scoket was ommited).
Josef

Christian Esser

Mar 12, 2018, 2:45:06 PM3/12/18
to id...@googlegroups.com