Games on IDE64

Arcane

Feb 2, 2017, 3:16:55 PM2/2/17
to IDE64
Howdy,

Although i am not into C64 or game fixing a lot nowadays (send all your e-mails to Comos, lol)
I was wondering if people still got a game or program they want to see fixed for IDE64.

Grz,
Sidney aka Arcane

Tuomas Rantala

Feb 3, 2017, 4:47:12 AM2/3/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hehe, a list of nice-to-have games on IDE would still be quite long, but
here's some. Of course some of these would require a huge amount of work, but
some should be pretty straightforward.

Airborne Ranger
Alter Ego
Fred's Back 1-3
Games Summer Edition
Games Winter Edition
Greystorm
Gruds In Space
Hawkeye
Hobbit
Impossible Mission II
Keys To Maramon
Killed Until Dead
L.A. Crackdown
Labyrinth
Marble Madness
Mars Saga
Murder On The Mississippi
Portal
Rainbow Islands
Rubicon
Seven Cities Of Gold
Silent Service
Space Rogue
Tai-Pan
Ultima II
Wasteland

...of course there's many more, but hopefully we'll see some of these fixed.

Trurl

Jarkko Lehti

Feb 3, 2017, 4:53:37 AM2/3/17
to id...@googlegroups.com

http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=5977&d=18&h=0

GB64.COM is the home of The Gamebase Collection of C64 games. Over 15000 games in the online database, Sid Music, Articles and reviews, Forum and extensive links section. GameBase is THE C64 emulator frontend!

Feb 3, 2017, 9:52:14 AM2/3/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Alter egos would be nice to have. Looks like Tuomas already had these in his list. I agree.

Arcane

Feb 3, 2017, 11:24:04 AM2/3/17
to IDE64
Thanks for all the replies so far.
Indeed the list is still huge :)

Grz,
Arcane

Arcane

Feb 3, 2017, 11:35:11 AM2/3/17
to IDE64
Hello,

Airborne Ranger +8DIR [pal/ntsc] [easyflash] by NOS works on IDE64.

So you can remove that from you list :)

Maybe Soci can add it to the website?

Grz,
Arcane

Borough_Medley

Feb 3, 2017, 11:57:36 AM2/3/17
to IDE64
I was thinking Prince of Persia and other cartridge-only games. There are some games to come, like Sam's Journey and Realms of the Unknown ( or what ever the name for the RPG is). These games will only run from cartridge, well Sam's Journey will be released on disk as well. There is a new cart on the block that let's you save gameplay and that means Ide64 user's have to swap cartridges whenever we want to play. Or use a separate commodore.
I've been thinking of an universal installer for the Ide64. It let's you install games from disk or .crt (binary) to a folder on the HD or something. Could this be done? Regardless if this solution is presented with new releases we should all be able to install our games to the Ide64.  I don't do assembly but if there's anyway I could help...

Arcane

Feb 3, 2017, 4:16:26 PM2/3/17
to IDE64
You could build a patch util for a specific loader, but almost every game uses a different loader.
I have talked to Comos some time ago about a patch util for some loaders used by releasegroups (fixes are all done manully now), but even they use different loaders in time, but this would be possible.

Keep in mind you can not easily convert track/sector loaders (check Maniac Mansion by Soci for example), iffl loaders, etc. to IDE64 (games like Alter Ego, Project Firestart, etc.)
In most fixes for IDE64 you also need to backup vectors and i would not know how to do that automatic.

About cartridge games i can not tell you much as i never looked into this.

Grz,
Arcane

Comos

Feb 3, 2017, 4:23:18 PM2/3/17
to IDE64, frank....@gmail.com
Summer & Winter games are already fixed for IDE64 (by Arcane in his youth, lol)
Fred's Back 1 a onefiled exist done by Laxity,so this one is also playable,altough the process to next level kinda fadeouts the music and looks weird IMHO)
Freď Back 2-4 I was already checking the IFFL version,which can be done, but since the game uses or triggers VSP , it crashes on my C64,so it makes things more difficult.
Greystorm - have that one already on my mind, the levels needs to be dumped from track to files first.
Hawkeye - have that one already on my mind, the levels needs to be dumped from track to files first.
Impossible Mission II - have the NOS version in progress, just need to update the NOSDOS.
Marble Madness - have the NOS version in progress, just need to update the NOSDOS.
Rubicon - have that one already on my mind,need to dump an orie
Seven Cities Of Gold - have an orie, so time will show
Silent Service - have the NOS version in progress, just need to update the NOSDOS.

The Remastered Ultima I have also on my mind, need to get touch in touch MagerValp later :)
The cart games like PoP can be idefixed also, but it will be a pure IDE64 release,especially PoP because of the loading speed.I did some dumping of Navy Seals some year ago.
The only disadvantage is,that's it's task consuming :)

Arcane

Feb 3, 2017, 4:49:55 PM2/3/17
to IDE64
"Summer & Winter games are already fixed for IDE64 (by Arcane in his youth, lol)"
Aye, they still work after all these years :)

I think Trurl means the Summer Games Edition released in 1988. It is a different game.

Thanks for the list and information and Interesting stuff about PoP :)

Comos

Feb 3, 2017, 5:27:22 PM2/3/17
to IDE64
Ah, now I know. It's The Games: Summer Edition and Winter Edition by Epyx.

Christian Esser

Feb 9, 2017, 2:00:02 PM2/9/17
to id...@googlegroups.com

Prince of Persia was also the first one which came to my mind.

Chris

Borough_Medley

Feb 10, 2017, 6:06:54 AM2/10/17
to IDE64

Yeah, I still haven't played the C64 version...

Christian Esser

Feb 10, 2017, 11:58:09 AM2/10/17
to id...@googlegroups.com

I'm not sure but I guess there are some technical reasons why we will not see a IDE64 release of PoP.

It's not only because it's a cartridge game. It's specially designed for the EasyFlash which has beside the flash memory for example 32k RAM on board.

OK the IDE64 also has additional RAM but according to their homepage it's needed for internal data buffering.

I still be sceptic with a IDE64 port of PoP - but who cares about dreaming...

Chris

Comos

Feb 16, 2017, 4:21:56 PM2/16/17
to IDE64
If somebody likes arcade shooters, I have just made a nice one :)

http://csdb.dk/release/index.php?id=153683

Arcane

Apr 2, 2017, 8:14:34 AM4/2/17
to IDE64
Tai-pan and Grand Monster Slam added to the website.

Grz,
Arcane

Viktor Varga

Apr 7, 2017, 6:23:02 AM4/7/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
how i liked it. :)

üdvözlettel/best regards: Varga Viktor
----
Futtatható fájlok/Executable files:
Futtatható fájlt vagy azt tartalmazó zip állományt kérem átnevezve küldjön, különben a víruskereső eltávolítja.
If you would like attach an executable file, please change the extension of that file, elsewhere the virus scanner removes that file.
---
Jogi figyelmeztetés/Disclaimer:
A levél tartalma csak és kizárólag a címzettekre tartozik. Nem engedélyezett ezen a címzetteken kívül bármilyen megtekintés vagy továbbítás. Ha nem érintett, akkor kérem értesítse a küldőt, és törölje az összes példányt.