How to return to MAN?

Pawel Krol

Jun 15, 2017, 10:26:19 AM6/15/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Is there a way to return directly to a file manager after quitting a
program that was not started as a plugin? Normally if I do "RTS" from a
plugin, it will return to MAN, but if I do the same from a program that
was started normally, it will return only to a BASIC's "READY" prompt...

Thanks!

PK

Comos

Jun 15, 2017, 2:24:44 PM6/15/17
to IDE64
From asm it should be possible to call it like a basic cmd like diz:

lda #<restart
   sta $0302
   lda #>restart
   sta $0303
   lda #$fa
   sta $0200
   lda #$00
   sta $0201
   lda #<$01ff
   sta $7a
   lda #>$01ff
   sta $7b
   jmp ($0308)
restart  = *

Pawel Krol

Jun 15, 2017, 4:29:50 PM6/15/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Although it indeed returns to MAN, it somehow renders MAN unusable.
After coming back, it cannot load any other program, which ends in an
immediate BRK exception after you press RETURN on a selected file. :(

Comos

Jun 15, 2017, 5:28:44 PM6/15/17
to IDE64
I think if you return to MAN like this,we must work similar way like with a manager plugin.That means not to wreck memory from $0000-$03FF, $0800-$0FFF and also restore VIC before returning to manager.So maybe try to backup those areas.

Kajtár Zsolt

Jun 15, 2017, 6:17:56 PM6/15/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
Fill the keyboard buffer with "MAN"+CHR$(13) before exit.

--
-soci-

signature.asc

Pawel Krol

Jun 16, 2017, 2:52:15 AM6/16/17
to id...@googlegroups.com
This solution works correctly, i.e. it does not pose any discernible
problems to MAN's functionality after returning back from a program.

The only unpleasant side-effect is that you can see "MAN" command typed
onto a screen, and it takes a short (but noticeable) while to disappear.
Is there a way to avoid that (so that return to a file manager is
executed in a truly "programmatic" way)?

Thanks!

PK