[WG-IDAssurance] Kantara is on tScheme, so does anyone know if there are any customers for this?

mhae...@freeuk.com

Aug 1, 2021, 4:07:04 PM8/1/21
to IA WG
https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2021/07/ico-approves-the-first-uk-eidas-regulations-qualified-trust-service-provider/

GMO GlobalSign Ltd is the first company globally to have gone through
this process in the UK under the UK eIDAS Regulations and is now a
qualified trust service provider for the following services:

Qualified certificates for electronic signatures.
Qualified certificates for electronic seals.

tScheme Technical Director

Aug 2, 2021, 6:53:32 AM8/2/21
to mhae...@freeuk.com, IA WG
Hi Mark,

One must assume that they wouldn't go through process if they didn't have
customers.

I suspect that main drive is HMLR's frequent mentioning of the use of
Qualified eSignatures (QES) for Deeds etc and the general expansion of
eSigning platform use for business.

Typical that as soon as we leave EU TSPs think that there might be value in
becoming QTSPs :(! I guess Covid has a lot to do with that.

Personally I see a great conundrum in fact that use of remote signing is
most flexible and understandable for market but who wants an annual
subscription if you only move house once every 5-10years; alternatively, DIY
QES using a dongle can be better value for a one-off use but technically
difficult for average homeowner to operate successfully.

I think we might see a hybrid approach whereby coveyancers and other
professionals carry out the QES on behalf of clients (provided liability can
be resolved - perennial cry in the PKI/Identity space I know!).

Cheers
Richard
------------------------------------
Richard Trevorah
Technical Director
tScheme Limited

M: +44 (0) 781 809 4728
F: +44 (0) 870 005 6311

http://www.tscheme.org

The information in this message and, if present, any attachments are
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). The
content of this e-mail and its attachments is confidential and may be
legally privileged. Unless otherwise stated, any use or disclosure is
unauthorised and may be unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as practicable