[WG-IDAssurance] Invitation and Agenda for 2021-08-12

Martin Smith

Aug 10, 2021, 11:37:06 PM8/10/21
to IA WG
Dear IAWG,

Please join us Thursday, August 12, at 1pm US Eastern Time.  In addition to hearing updates from Ken and Kay, we will finalize our proposed criterion changes to be included in a package to be submitted for approval via the Kantara review process.  The changes to be finalized Thursday are (1) definition of a process for including a "comparable alternative" control as part of a Kantara assessment; (2) clarification of where the use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD) may be appropriate; and (3) accumulated non-substantive clarifications of other criteria. We have set a target of getting approval of the revisions by mid-November, which, given the review process timelines, means we have to submit the package this month.

The proposed agenda and dial in details are below.

Date and Time

  • Date: Thursday, 2021-08-12
  • Time: 10:00 PDT | 13:00 EDT (time zone calculator)
  • Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

                https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/783738341

    • You can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
    • Access Code: 783-738-341

Proposed Agenda

1.      Administration:

a. Roll Call, determination of quorum
b. Agenda Confirmation
c. Minutes Approval - 2021-07-29 DRAFT Minutes
d. Staff reports and updates
e. LC reports and updates
f. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews)

 2.      Discussion

a.      Finalize proposed criterion language regarding "comparable alternative controls."

b.    Finalize proposed text (if any) regarding use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD.)

c.       Confirmation of other non-substantive changes to criteria to be included in the package to be submitted.

3.      Any Other Business and Next Meeting Date

--
Martin Smith 703 389-3224
IAWG Vice-Chair

Martin Smith

Aug 11, 2021, 11:25:38 PM8/11/21
to IA WG

Martin Smith

Aug 12, 2021, 11:10:42 AM8/12/21
to IA WG
Dear IAWG,

Please join us TODAY, Thursday, August 12, at 1pm US Eastern Time.  In addition to hearing updates from Ken and Kay, we will finalize our proposed criterion changes to be included in a package to be submitted for approval via the Kantara review process.  The changes to be finalized Thursday are (1) definition of a process for including a "comparable alternative" control as part of a Kantara assessment; (2) clarification of where the use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD) may be appropriate; and (3) accumulated non-substantive clarifications of other criteria. We have set a target of getting approval of the revisions by mid-November, which, given the review process timelines, means we have to submit the package this month.

Jimmy Jung

Aug 12, 2021, 12:44:03 PM8/12/21
to martin...@acm.org, IA WG

Martin,

I am suspect in my attendance, but have been occasionally relooking at the comparable alternative criteria.  I kept thinking that the description of the risk analysis (a-c) needed clarification; but have resolved that it really is just asking for a THOROUGH analysis and if the CSPs have to jump through hoops, that only works out in our favor (would we be comfortable letting assessors do it for them – I’m not sure I would be).  Does “e” just mean that the comparable alternative is fully implemented?  And I wonder if we might rather “inform service's clients/consumers” than just “make available to the service's clients/consumers,” which may have some wiggle room.

Martin Smith

Aug 17, 2021, 3:50:06 PM8/17/21
to IA WG
Dear IAWG,

Please join us Thursday, August 19, at 1pm US Eastern Time.  In addition to hearing updates from Ken and Kay, we will finalize our proposed criterion changes to be included in a package to be submitted for approval via the Kantara review process.  The changes to be finalized Thursday are (1) definition of a process for including a "comparable alternative" control as part of a Kantara assessment; (2) clarification of where the use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD) may be appropriate; and (3) accumulated non-substantive clarifications of other criteria.

We have set a target of getting approval of the revisions by mid-November, which, given the review process timelines, means we have to submit the package this month.

The proposed agenda and dial in details are below.

Date and Time

  • Date: Thursday, 2021-08-19
  • Time: 10:00 PDT | 13:00 EDT (time zone calculator)
  • Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

                https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/783738341

    • You can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
    • Access Code: 783-738-341

Proposed Agenda

1.      Administration:

a. Roll Call, determination of quorum
b. Agenda Confirmation
c. Minutes Approval - 2021-08-12 DRAFT Minutes

d. Staff reports and updates
e. LC reports and updates
f. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews)

Martin Smith

Aug 18, 2021, 6:54:00 PM8/18/21
to IA WG
Dear IAWG,

Please join us TOMORROW, Thursday, August 19, at 1pm US Eastern Time.  In addition to hearing updates from Ken and Kay, we will finalize our proposed criterion changes to be included in a package to be submitted for approval via the Kantara review process.  The changes to be finalized Thursday are (1) definition of a process for including a "comparable alternative" control as part of a Kantara assessment; (2) clarification of where the use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD) may be appropriate; and (3) accumulated non-substantive clarifications of other criteria.

Martin Smith

Aug 19, 2021, 11:03:20 AM8/19/21
to IA WG
Dear IAWG,

Please join us TODAY, Thursday, August 19, at 1pm US Eastern Time.  In addition to hearing updates from Ken and Kay, we will finalize our proposed criterion changes to be included in a package to be submitted for approval via the Kantara review process.  The changes to be finalized Thursday are (1) definition of a process for including a "comparable alternative" control as part of a Kantara assessment; (2) clarification of where the use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD) may be appropriate; and (3) accumulated non-substantive clarifications of other criteria.